Troubleshoot very slow when using "save as"

Rozesky2

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Oct 12, 2014
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
when I download a file attachment with "save as" to work folders it takes about
3 mins to load sub-folders into it to see them so I can save to the correct folder
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
tried moving the folder
I was working on a friend's computer. It is her work computer so she needs this folder to have all about 40 sub-folders. It is about 3.56 gigs but when downloading an email attachment ......to the main folder it takes about 3 mins to see all the subfolders...which she cannot afford to have happen over and over in the course of the day for her work.
She said it never happened before and she has always had many folders and when she would open the main folder she could immediately see all folders.
If I go to documents and then the main folders to get a file it opens everything immediately but not when I do a save as...it takes that time to populate.
I tried moving the folder ...that did not help.
I just cant figure out what would cause only this issue ....has been going on for months she says

I hope someone has some Ideas
thanks in advance

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Try this first- it's easy and reversible:
1). Open Control Panel>Network and Sharing Center.
2). Click on "Change Advance Sharing Settings"
3). For both the Private and "Guest and Public" sections select "Turn Off Network Discovery"
4). Save changes and see if it works.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.