Vibranium threat Security

Popolitus

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 7, 2014

Vibranium Threat Security​

“VTS” is ideal product for standalone computer for Realtime proactive security against cyber threat by
behavior detection along with Encrypted Data backup with isolated multi thread capture.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
It's one of a number of antiviruses developed by Indian developer MSecure Data Labs, along with PC Doctor, Protegent, SecuraShield etc.

They all have terrible detection rates, which vary slightly from one brand to the next. If you take a look at the detection names, you will notice something quite interesting. Protegent started out as a Bitdefender rebrand. At some point it changed to being a rebrand of Outpost Security Suite. But when Outpost was discontinued, they got MSecure to develop their security software.

On the Vibranium website there is a portable second opinion scanner. It's worth downloading running to see the intentional false positives and Google some of the detection names. For example it detects a folder used by my Synaptics touchpad driver as PUP.synaptics and it classifies AdGuard as a rogue. These false positives seem to be absent from the full antiviruses.

The only positive thing I can say about Vibranium, is that it is very light, as confirmed by PassMark testing.

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
On the Vibranium website there is a portable second opinion scanner
The interesting thing about the second opinion scanner was that after the completion of the scan one must input an activation code to remove any malware found- but instead of the usual supplying of a contact email address, here one must insert a phone number for a callback, and that the number must begin with Country Code 91 (India). Rather odd, yes?

Shadowra

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Quickly Test - Vibranium Advanced Security by Shadowra

VM used : VMware Workstation Pro 16 - Win11 Pro x64 up to date
VPN : PIA (installed in my VM)
AV : Vibranium Advanced Security - up to date - default settings - Web Protection installed and actived

We begin quickly by the interface which is rather clear. On the other hand, it quickly reminds me of that of Protegent...

LABle6Ot.png

By default, Vibranium does not install its real-time protection... Seriously?!
So I decided to install it, but I never saw any URL blocking

iADZggQ6.png

XBMa3bep.png

I start the test, Vibranium blocks no malicious files...
I run them, the memory starts to be nice.... :D

cR0Xh2RH.png

I'm trying to see if it detects old malware (here PrivacyCenter, a Rogue from 2009... detected, but it uses the Protegent engine)

MBW7IEqZ.png

I test VBS, Java and JS attacks... It's not blocked...

kb0HOTkl.png

After test

9CCDEEbm.png

False positive..... a Windows File ???!!!!

EjHTV8B0.png

Autoruns

uCfKvX6t.png

Desinfection tools

uGkO40b0.png

Recommand : No
System Clean : No. System infected

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
So it can't protect against viruses, and I'm pretty sure their legal team won't be able to protect them from Marvel/Disney going after them for the Vibranium name either.
Or when they get busted for stealing signatures from other vendors.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.