Vipers Config (Light)

Viper007

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
May 27, 2014
PC Specs:

CPU: 3930k @4.5hz (Cooler Corsair h100i)
RAM: 16gb kingston hyperx ram @ 2400hz
Motherboard: Rampage iv extreme
GPU: Msi GTX980
Storage: 120gb kingston hperx 3k ssd (windows and programs)
Storage: 240gb kingston hyperx 3k ssd for some games.
Storage: 1TB HDD 7200rpm
Case: Coolermaster Hafx

I have another system tuner kerish doctor currently on trial and it seems to be good.

I do not make any backups and never have, i only use system restore if something goes wrong with my pc but im very careful and know how to cleanup an infection if i did.

I also use to test antivirus programs againts malware in Vm but have not done so in a while.

I disabled windows firewall cause i always use my VPN which has its own firewall built in

Last edited:

Viper007

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
May 27, 2014
Any reasons to disable Smartscreen? since you don't have any file reputation system.
I never have really used it and dont really like it, if i download a file i only download it from a safe place, checking the website, what people say, then i check the file on virus total etc.

Viper007

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
May 27, 2014
I agree with the above suggestions, please consider to enable Smartscreen, and why not backups?

You can install Macrium Reflect Free or AOMEI Backupper.

Thanks for sharing.
My computer is mainly for gaming and i do not keep any important files on my computer or that i need backing up, if i did come across an infection which i have not for many years then i would just do a fresh windows install if it was that bad and just download my games again as i have fast connection.

as for smartscreen i have used it before but for me its just not needed and i always check a file my self before i run it.

Reactions: King Alpha

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.