• -Windows 10 compatible
    -process manager and startup manager
    -device manager
    -alternate data stream look
    -fix IE and Windows settings
    -web malware list
    -schedule scan and Macro viruses Analyser
    -auto update signatures and engine
    -real time monitor with proprietary technology Vir.IT Intrusion Detection (heuristic)
    -C.R.A.M. (Anti-Malware Research Center) independent and owner
    -It seems works fine with other antiviruses installed, tested using Bitdefender IS 2016 with no problems
CONS
-terrible and confusing UI
-high RAM consumption : about 340 MB with two active processes
-automatic scan slowly and with few options (programs, all), manual by selecting the folders to scan
-web security detected problem by opening Firefox but no explanation about it (FP in my opinion)
-not outstanding detection rate
-anti-phishing absent
BOTTOM LINE
Virit eXplorer Lite is an antimalware allows you to scan any kind of internal and external storage device: hard disk installed on the PC, those accessed via the local network, the USB external hard drives (USB, FireWire or eSata), boot sectors. It is also capable of analyzing individual folders on their computer, or downloaded files or as email attachments.
It is constantly updated, regarding identification signatures and engines.
L

LabZero

Thread author
The UI of VirIT eXplorer Lite is terrible and chaotic, but once you understand the operation it is not particularly complicated to use its main functions. These are arranged in a horizontal bar in the form of a circular icon for each tool provided.

The red icon representing a magnifying glass closely concerns the scan of your computer and click it allows fine control of selected device on the left side of the interface. To block a scan is simply click on the cross after the icon for scans.

Alongside the latter is the icon for the application configuration, especially important to customize its behavior. Here you can choose which file types to analyze (you should not modify this parameter, as it is a good idea to scan every file on the disk), set the default behavior at the end of each scan (the application can automatically remove detected threats, permanently delete files or requiring user intervention), slightly adjust the layout, choose to analyze compressed archives, etc.

Another tool is the scheduler: thanks to it it is possible to schedule automated scans to verify the presence of infections or threats. Virit Explorer Lite is also able to restore many of the parameters of Windows and Internet Explorer to prevent malware can compromise the correct functioning of the operating system.

In my opinion this software is an alternative to the main security software. The virus definition database is updated with persistence and efficiency. It may be useful to combine this tool with a more complete, thanks to full interoperability with many other antivirus.
But onestly I believe though that there are better alternatives.

As usual, I made a simple detection test with 10 fresh samples (ransomware, trojan) and VirIT found 5/10 (only on demand scan, monitor ineffective) and ZAM 8/10, I leave to you the conclusions considering, however, that this test is not decisive.

Cattura.PNG

Cattura1.PNG

Cattura2.PNG

Cattura3.PNG

Samples and detections

Cattura5.PNG

Cattura scan.PNG

Cattura4.PNG

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.