Virtual Desktops

Status
Not open for further replies.

pneuma1985

Level 4
Verified
Aug 30, 2015
I've used virtual desktops alot lately testing CIS and its virtualization of desktops pretty cool though not a fan of having to install Silverlight to use it. Not sure if that even qualifies as a true Virtual Desktop according to my findings on what a real virtual desktop is vs desktop virtualization within software like CIS, Kaspersky, BitDefender.

Last edited:

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
I've used virtual desktops alot lately testing CIS and its virtualization of desktops pretty cool and I've used virtual desktops on Linux as well. Pretty cool sw if you need to use it... I've also used other virtualized desktops on Kaspersky and Bit Defender. Also an avid user of VmWare Workstation so virtualization of any kind is awesome IMO. I prefer true virtual machines myself, but I like VM's and their ability to do what you want without infecting your host machine.
I believe the OP is referring to virtual desktops as in user interfaces, not as in virtual machines.

Virtual desktop Wikipedia article

pneuma1985

Level 4
Verified
Aug 30, 2015
I believe the OP is referring to virtual desktops as in user interfaces, not as in virtual machines.

Virtual desktop Wikipedia article
Is the CIS virtual desktop eve a true virtual desktop. I was just saying I prefer the VM over the virtual desktop myself. I got what he was saying may have worded my response wrong let me fix that right quick thanks for pointing that out Dracus... Each being different types of virtual technology used for different purposes. Real virtual desktops are more for hosting a myriad of desktops from one host VM. I've never used it but I've read quite a bit about it hosting a VM into a VD. Now the virtual desktop software is more like an instant VM hosted inside of a sandboxed software. So CIS virtual desktop isn't a true VD if I'm right about this LMK. Unless its getting hosted off a Comodo Server which is possible I guess. I don't know enough about the differences, but I'd like to. Fill me in Dracus :p

Last edited:

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
The CIS virtual desktop is a virtual desktop no? I was just saying I prefer the VM over the virtual desktop myself. I got what he was saying may have worded my response wrong let me fix that right quick thanks for pointing that out Dracus...
You're welcome. :p

Technically you are right about virtual machines essentially being a virtual desktop, however, as it was specified in OP, this the topic of this thread refers to the integrated feature of Windows 10. :p

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well I wanted to use it but seems my daily tasks are just capable to navigate within single desktop screen. But I may try again next time.

Actually its useful but on business scale they prefer another monitor screen for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.