Troubleshoot VirtualBox crashes when completing installation of Ubuntu

M

MalwareT

Thread author
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Same above.
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Reinstallation, changing settings.
Yesterday i tried to install ubuntu 11.04 on VBox and it crashed. I'm using 4.3.18 with extension pack. Can anyone help me how to fix the problem ? I want to run Ubuntu but keeps crashing :(

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
There are some instances for unknown reason that Virtualbox crashes randomly, but did the installation completed successfully? Because majority of cases happen on my installation came when almost finish or already finish, so chances it will not appear already and can boot properly.

Upvote 0
M

MalwareT

Thread author
There are some instances for unknown reason that Virtualbox crashes randomly, but did the installation completed successfully? Because majority of cases happen on my installation came when almost finish or already finish, so chances it will not appear already and can boot properly.

Yes, it completed successfully but when i wanted to restart it just crashed.

Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Its hard to say because it can be the configuration like trying to set the RAM for the installation or something else. What does the log file contains all about?

Reactions: avast! Protection
Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Did you change something on the network configuration before you install Ubuntu on VM? Because seems to be related on that error.

Reactions: MalwareT
Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Try to remove all the virtual components that you install on Ubuntu and install all over again. Because reinstallation is not a solution on this case basis there's something wrong on your configuring the VM and may slip a wrong touch without noticing it.

Reactions: MalwareT
Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Tell us more about your system:
- What OS if your host running? Is it 32-bit or 64-bit?
- Which 32-bit or 64-bit of Ubuntu are you trying to install?
- What security do you have installed on your host?

Reactions: Sr. Normal
Upvote 0
I

illumination

Thread author
Windows 8.1 Pro N X64
Ubuntu x86
Avast! Free
There have been reports of people having issues with "security" and VB, try disabling Avast and run it again.

On a side note, after i upgraded to VB version 4.3.18 i had a very hard time installing Windows 7 64 bit, took 4 times of getting it to install, then it was buggy. I ended up switching distro's back to an earlier kernel so that i could install a earlier version of virtualbox. Version 4.3.10 is completely stable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
M

MalwareT

Thread author
Upvote 0
M

MalwareT

Thread author
hi
let me recommend Xubuntu .
Xfce desktop is a very friendly , very similar to XP and is very fast . If what you want is more speed and stability Manjaro ( KDE and Xfce ) , can be your distro. Very easy use and ( no kidding ) KISS philosophy . (Keep It Simple, Stupid !)
Kind regards
http://www.itworld.com/article/2696...nstall-virtualbox-4-3-14-in-ubuntu-14-04.html

i tried to install Ubuntu and it crashed, but when i installed Xubuntu and Manjaro , it performed without problems :) Thanks bro ;) So i fixed issue.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.