Virus or Virus damage?

Nigel

New Member
Verified
I do not know whether I have a new virus, or whether the issues relate to damage caused by the original rootkit virus from last year.

Any idea what I should try next would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.
 

Attachments

Hi Nigel,

I don't think that is a result of a virus. When you try to install Microsoft Money, does it give you any error messages?
 
Hi Fiery

Many thanks for your reply.

When I run the original disc, it gets as far as the "I ACCEPT" prompt. I select that button, and there is no further response.

When I run the downloaded file "Money 2005-UK-QFE2", it gets one stage further. I select I ACCEPT, it changes to an installation page and then stops responding.

I do not know if there is any relevance, but I had been getting "AUTORUN.INF is missing or corrupt". On advice, I changed a value in the registry, and it started working again.

I still have the issue of not being able to shutdown the computer except by pushing the power button.

What do you reckon?
 
A quicker fix will be reformatting your PC. Backup all your important files and restore your PC to factory settings, the state in which you got your PC in.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top