Vista Home Security 2012 Help

JayJay

Thread author
Nov 7, 2011
I'm infected with Vista Home Secruity 2012 and no matter what I do the infection will not remove. I've scanned with my main antivirus (Norton Security Suite) and ran malwarebytes as well as Ccleaner. Nothing will detect the infection, and what I don't get is that my anti virus is running while the infection is running and it won't detect it. Any options? I've followed the steps on the removal guides but again, nothing will help.

Chiron

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
JayJay said:
I'm infected with Vista Home Secruity 2012 and no matter what I do the infection will not remove. I've scanned with my main antivirus (Norton Security Suite) and ran malwarebytes as well as Ccleaner. Nothing will detect the infection, and what I don't get is that my anti virus is running while the infection is running and it won't detect it. Any options? I've followed the steps on the removal guides but again, nothing will help.

You may want to use a bootable cd to clean the infection. Please see this part:
http://forums.comodo.com/virusmalware-removal-assistance/what-you-need-to-know-about-removing-infections-and-securing-your-computer-t56725.0.html;msg398791#msg398791
of one of my posts.

Please let us know if you have any questions about how to use a bootabel cd.

Thanks.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hello,
Please follow this guide to remove this rogue.
Guide : http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Remove-Vista-Home-Security-2012
Please follow all the steps in the correct order, as a optional step you can use the activation code from the Extra Details section of the guide to register this fake av and stop the alerts in order to make your life easier while completing the guide.

What's next?

STEP 1: Download and scan with Emsisoft Emergency Kit
  1. Please download the latest official version of Emsisoft Emergency Kit

2. Open the EEK Folder on your Desktop and double click EmergencyKitScanner.bat
  3. Click "Yes" to Update Emsisoft Emergency Kit
  4. Put the mouse cursor over the "Menu" tab on the left and click-on "Scan PC".
  5. Select "Smart Scan" and click-on the "Scan" button.
  6. Save the scan log somewhere that you can find it.
  7. Exit Emsisoft Emergency Kit.

STEP 2: Run a OTL scan

1. Please download OTL and save it to your Desktop.
  2. Right-click on OTL.exe and select Run as Administrator to start OTL.
  3. Double click on OTL.exe to run it.
  4. Under Output, ensure that Minimal Output is selected.
  5. Under Extra Registry section, select Use SafeList.
  6. Click the Scan All Users checkbox.
  7. Click on Run Scan at the top left hand corner.
  8. When done, two Notepad files will open.
    • OTListIt.txt <-- Will be opened
    • Extra.txt <-- Will be minimized
  9. Save the scan log somewhere that you can find it.

What's next?

Attach the following logs to your post (You can find here details on how to use the Attachment System):
  1. TDSSKiller log
  2. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware log
  3. Emsisoft Emergency Kit log
  4. OTL.txt
  5. Extras.txt

JayJay

Thread author
Nov 7, 2011
^^ Well I got rid of the infection (I think), It doesn't show up anymore or block any programs from being used. But now I have another problem, I'm not sure if it's traces left behind from the infection or what, but I keep getting the blue screen of death as most people call it, and it counts up to 100 and then restarts my computer, then my computer will run just fine for a few hours and it'll happen again, over and over. Do you think it would be best to just back up all my personal files and just restore my computer back to it's original factory state as it was the day I got it? Or are there any other options I can try such as any other scans...

Chiron

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
You can try following the advice given here:
http://www.selectrealsecurity.com/malware-removal-guide

Just make sure you run all the programs in safe mode, if they'll let you.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
What exactly did you do?With what software did you scan? What did you remove? Do you have any logs?What's the code for the BSOD?.......... If you don't talk with us we can't help you.......

I

illumination

The Operating System is more then likely corrupted, i would do just as you asked, and reset it back to factory settings.. It will save you a lot of time and headaches..

JayJay

Thread author
Nov 7, 2011
Jack said:
What exactly did you do?With what software did you scan? What did you remove? Do you have any logs?What's the code for the BSOD?.......... If you don't talk with us we can't help you.......

I'm trying to talk with you guys. I don't really know what else to say other than what I already explained. I don't know what happend, don't know what I did wrong. Vista Home Security 2012 kept popping up. Went into safe mode and scanned with mbam and norton, the rogue is now gone, I think. But now my problem is the blue screen that keeps randomly popping up. I also noticed that when I go to try and play a game like battlefield 2, I get the blue screen immediately after I try running the game. Other than that if i'm just surfing the web or whatever, it takes a few hours for it the pop up. When it does pop up my it says something about a crash dump, and says dumping physical memory to disk and counts up from 0 to 100, then restarts. I do have the STOP: error code. Also at the top it says IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I searched in google and it says it could be many many things, viruses, anti-virus sometimes does it as well. If you need the stop error codes let me know and I'll post. I'm trying to avoid doing a complete system restore due to lots of documents that I need to back up, but if I have to I will... Thanks...

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Why not do what you should have done from the start is FORMAT.

JayJay

Thread author
Nov 7, 2011
McLovin said:
Why not do what you should have done from the start is FORMAT.

Alright I'm just gonna do that, It'll save me a lot of time in the long run... Do you know anywhere I can upload all my files too like an online storage thing? I have a lot of files, and it's gonna take multiple cd's, I found a site but I don't know if it's safe or not. Its called www.adrive.com.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
JayJay said:
Alright I'm just gonna do that, It'll save me a lot of time in the long run... Do you know anywhere I can upload all my files too like an online storage thing? I have a lot of files, and it's gonna take multiple cd's, I found a site but I don't know if it's safe or not. Its called www.adrive.com.

There are multiple ways, one do you have a external hard drive to put all your data on? if not can you tell us how much data that you have to backup?

JayJay

Thread author
Nov 7, 2011
McLovin said:
JayJay said:

There are multiple ways, one do you have a external hard drive to put all your data on? if not can you tell us how much data that you have to backup?

No I don't have an external hard drive yet... I have about 2-3gb of data to back up at the most... It might be less than that, that's why I was wondering if that website would be safe or not.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
JayJay said:
No I don't have an external hard drive yet... I have about 2-3gb of data to back up at the most... It might be less than that, that's why I was wondering if that website would be safe or not.

The one that you can use if you have a hotmail ID (which I bet everyone has one) is SkyDrive, unless someone else knows any others?

JayJay

Thread author
Nov 7, 2011
McLovin said:
JayJay said:

The one that you can use if you have a hotmail ID (which I bet everyone has one) is SkyDrive, unless someone else knows any others?

Oh yea I came across that one too. I wasn't sure if they would keep my files safe or not, like if others would be able to access them or not.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
JayJay said:
Oh yea I came across that one too. I wasn't sure if they would keep my files safe or not, like if others would be able to access them or not.

You can pick who to share it with.
captureyl.png

JayJay

Thread author
Nov 7, 2011
McLovin said:
JayJay said:

You can pick who to share it with.
captureyl.png

Oh okay, or I can just make a seperate hotmail for just backing up files, so I won't have any contacts, will that work too? And thanks for all the info.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
JayJay said:
Oh okay, or I can just make a seperate hotmail for just backing up files, so I won't have any contacts, will that work too? And thanks for all the info.

Yes that would work too. Hope that helped :)

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
I understood that JayJay will do a clean Windows install, isn't it?
If yes, to decrease the time of downloading and installing popular software, go to the following link: http://ninite.com/
Just put a check mark next to the program that you want to install, and then click on Get Installer.

Thanks.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.