Status
Not open for further replies.

Quassar

Level 12
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
Fake news
its not fake a lottime windows special change browser to thier even if you selected other while with other file format/sotf dont punish you so hard to use it... and other things special restarted after update...

there is a lot topic about M$ toxic policy how M$ hard figh about t to use thier product instead of other 3rd....

Reactions: AtlBo
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

its not fake a lottime windows special change browser to thier even if you selected other while with other file format/sof dont punish you so hard to use it... and other things special restarted after update...
That is I use Fort Knox Firewall :emoji_v:

Quassar

Level 12
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
Vivaldi bug:))

I installed McAfee extension, after that browser keep closing every time when I open it.

McAfee SECURE Safe Browsing

Same extension tested on Chrome and Brave Beta 1 no problem.

Cuz vivaldi is based on chrome engine however is not chrome is fork from chrome and something is not identic and some extension can not work property like in mian chrome and is affect to all fork...

Any way i would expect everything but smb still wanna use that crap McAfee ???? that what even kids dont wanna have on system when some downloader try punish user to instal that crap for free ^^

Reactions: AtlBo and oldschool
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

I have not used Mc screw up since the 90's. All it did was brick systems. If the developer sais himself , he would not use it and uses two different cell phones.

Reactions: AtlBo and Quassar

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
@Quassar

I just wanted to test, not for my main usage :)

If you like green checkmarks for trusted sites, it's good. Does not make browsing itself more secure in any way. Took some work to get rid of all the trash after uninstall! (n):)

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
That is I use Fort Knox Firewall :emoji_v:

Not for a scare I promise, but Fortinet has blacklisted the download site of Fort Knox and also the installer. I use high settings with FortiClient (@ForgottenSeer 58943). I was actually going to install FK on another PC, when I learned that Fortinet had flagged the site in the malicious category. False Positiv?e...who knows I guess?...

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Not for a scare I promise, but Fortinet has blacklisted the download site of Fort Knox and also the installer. I use high settings with FortiClient (@ForgottenSeer 58943). I was actually going to install FK on another PC, when I learned that Fortinet had flagged the site in the malicious category. False Positiv?e...who knows I guess?...

It checks out fine at FortiGuard.

Category: Information Technology
Information Technology peripherals and services, cell phone services, cable TV/Internet suppliers.

Web Filter Lookup

Also you can submit for review here;

Fortinet URL Rating Submission

Side note, I am going live with some hot new Fortinet tech tomorrow, compliments of Fortinet. I can't wait to test it out.

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

That is because obly 3 AV's detect it on Virus Total and Fortinet is one of them. I asked the author about this and he said he has contacted them about this but they still won't remove it. One AV labels the install file as a PUP. Voodooshield says it has a valid sig aand AI says it is ok but cecause it is flagged by 3 on VT VS recommends blocking the install file too.
ForgottenSeer 58943? I thought I remember you talking how good you thought FK was in another thread.

VirusTotal

Reactions: oldschool and AtlBo
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Here is a thread you started on FK. Problem - Fort Knox Firewall

Reactions: AtlBo and oldschool

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
What I see when I try to download the file btw...

Fortinet v Fort Knox.jpg

FortiNet site:

Fortinet v Fort Knox 2.jpg

Says this is part of the web filter category Security Risk: Malicious Websites, but I don't know if the a-v web filtering settings alone will block the page or if the a-v will block the file. I see for one thing the page isn't https. That's bad enough for me. Never know what's built into applications these days. It's so easy to build a damaging back door into an easily whitelisted application, especially security apps and ESPECIALLY a firewall. Who can say no to its connections?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.