Vivaldi 2.0 has arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
I have just received a new Vivaldi update.

The stable release of Vivaldi 2.0 has arrived!

Vivaldi 2.0 is a major step forward for the browser and our most stable version yet.

Head over to our blog (vivaldi.com/blog) for the highlights of today's update, including: Syncing between devices, resizing tabs in split-screen, floating Panels and a whole lot more.

Thanks to @RoboMan for providing the screenshots
2018-09-27 09_01_00-.png
2018-09-27 09_01_25-Bandeja de entrada - gmariezcurrena@funciondigital.com - Outlook.png
2018-09-27 09_02_30-Bandeja de entrada - gmariezcurrena@funciondigital.com - Outlook.png
2018-09-27 09_03_40-Bandeja de entrada - gmariezcurrena@funciondigital.com - Outlook.png
2018-09-27 09_03_59-Bandeja de entrada - gmariezcurrena@funciondigital.com - Outlook.png
2018-09-27 09_05_24-Bandeja de entrada - gmariezcurrena@funciondigital.com - Outlook.png
2018-09-27 09_07_49-Bandeja de entrada - gmariezcurrena@funciondigital.com - Outlook (1).png

Last edited:

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Is this still built around the idea of Opera 12 and advancing that concept for a browser? It's a gigantic challenge trying to take on Chrome/FF/Opera and the rest these days. Security alone must be very diffcult to build into a modern browser. Tempted, but I don't know, since not sure whether it's supported by FortiClient web filtering or not.

Thanks for this update @Al-Faqir and pictures @RoboMan. :)

Last edited:

RejZoR

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
Vivaldi is a weird product. In a way it wants to be like Opera 12, but it's nothing like it. It's confusing, overwhelming, full of weird design choices, GUI is not configurable like Opera 12 was and you can't modify anything directly, you need to dig appropriate setting manually through settings. Which is basically a nightmare to achieve. Also, what the hell is with its rendering engine turning everything blocky and awful until it refreshes the image.

Quassar

Level 12
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
For me vivaldi is better than Firefox and Opera....
however in all browser something annoy me.

Imo Firefox was to buggy/slower from version to version
And Opera is almost not configurable for my usage..

Any way i dont trust any browser and put them to Sandboxie + other SRP policy for decrise them access to my system and rest database/files.

Vivaldi is a weird product. In a way it wants to be like Opera 12, but it's nothing like it. It's confusing, overwhelming, full of weird design choices, GUI is not configurable like Opera 12 was and you can't modify anything directly, you need to dig appropriate setting manually through settings. Which is basically a nightmare to achieve. Also, what the hell is with its rendering engine turning everything blocky and awful until it refreshes the image.

Vivaldi dont wanna be like opera its from opera producent and they wanna make opera browser based on chrome and it does.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Is this still built around the idea of Opera 12 and advancing that concept for a browser? It's a gigantic challenge trying to take on Chrome/FF/Opera and the rest these days. Security alone must be very diffcult to build into a modern browser. Tempted, but I don't know, since not sure whether it's supported by FortiClient web filtering or not.

Thanks for this update @Al-Faqir and pictures @RoboMan. :)
Cant remember whether it did work with forticlient or not, tell me if its working or not

Just wanted to go back to palemoon, but fortinet web filter werent working with it, and currently trying out latest basilisk browser, if it happens to work with forti...but i guess not

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Looks & runs quite snappy, the icons & tabs IMHO could do with some smoothing up. still has a little unfinished look but it's good I'll likely use it & see how I get on with it, Thank you! :)

EDIT: Found a couple of settings that's improved tabs :)

Last edited:

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Cant remember whether it did work with forticlient or not, tell me if its working or not

Just wanted to go back to palemoon, but fortinet web filter werent working with it, and currently trying out latest basilisk browser, if it happens to work with forti...but i guess not

Finally got around to testing Vivaldi. FortiClient filtering is working :). Very happy indeed about this.

I like the simplicity of this browser, and it seems light. However, there is a test I will have to put it through at some point to see how many registry keys it leaves behind after uninstall. I have decided to start doing this with browsers. That's because I saw that over 11,000 keys (not to mention the files) were left behind by Opera when I uninstalled with Comodo Programs Manager. That was a doctored version installed by Qihoo, so I don't blame Opera for anything. I didn't select to install Opera but it ended up on the PC somehow. I admit I liked what I saw, even if Qihoo's version was a playground for spying...

Quassar

Level 12
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
Because some website work a lot worst or even no work stil risky and more infection able than each other browser...
Thier response on bugs and fix security is a joke which happen since couple years.
M$ stil try use badass trick to punish use thier browser for better spy you because tons telemetry in background added in other unnecessary apps is still not enought....

Microsoft wants you on Edge, even if it has to trick you

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Because some website work a lot worst or even no work stil risky and more infection able than each other browser...
Thier response on bugs and fix security is a joke which happen since couple years.
M$ stil try use badass trick to punish use thier browser for better spy you because tons telemetry in background added in other unnecessary apps is still not enought....

Microsoft wants you on Edge, even if it has to trick you
Fake news

Reactions: oldschool
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.