Advice Request Vivaldi Speed Dial thumbnails.

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
I was using Opera browser and I liked the way it handles the thumbnails of the websites added to Speed Dial. How can I configure Vivaldi to show the website icon instead of showing the page itself inside the thumbnail?

mt.PNG

Reactions: vtqhtr413

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
Speed Dials | Vivaldi Browser Help
How to upload a custom thumbnail to a Speed Dial icon or Speed Dial folder
  1. Right-click a Speed Dial icon or a Speed Dial folder and choose Select Custom Speed Dial Thumbnail option from the context menu.
  2. Upload your image to replace the thumbnail. Most image formats are supported, including animated GIFs.
Thanks for it but I have done this before and I see it unsatisfactory. This should be done automatically like Opera does.

Quassar

Level 12
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
Thanks for it but I have done this before and I see it unsatisfactory. This should be done automatically like Opera does.

Yea any way i dont use speed dial its to slow for me i preffer use casual bookmarks... press f2 + type 2-3 letters to get aim web quick which i want to enter later just shortcut for autype and keepass automatic login me to page.

and main web/homepage is changed from speed dial to startpage :)

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
Yea any way i dont use speed dial its to slow for me i preffer use casual bookmarks... press f2 + type 2-3 letters to get aim web quick which i want to enter later just shortcut for autype and keepass automatic login me to page.

and main web/homepage is changed from speed dial to startpage :)
I always used speeddial on vivaldi. The only reason i do not use vivaldi anymore is because it just started to slowly. page loading etc was fine. Is the speeddial homepage one reason that a browser starts slower? Always used around 20 dials. Realy love this browser, its so refreshing and just so much options for geeks. But the slow, i mean realy low like 2 sec or something startup always get me away from vivaldi. The fastest browser for my system is Edge, but god damn, i will never use it, almost nothing to change! and i love options! :D Atm i use Yandex and to my surprise, its beautiful.

Edit: after reading this post i noticed that its hell of a first world problem, when even a 2 sec startup from a browser gets me mad. Abit sad :/

Reactions: AtlBo and Al-Faqir

Quassar

Level 12
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
i not mean speed dial slow pop up and work i mean slow by mean stand alone usage by user.
i can more quick manager from f2(quick search) with opening and chosen bookmarks

Same example where windows admin user think clicking couple time in mouse via gui is better than simple command in linux what is wrong - its just mental issue

Last edited:

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
i not mean speed dial slow pop up and work i mean slow by mean stand aline usage by user.
i can more quick manager from f2(quick search)

Same example where windows admin user think clicking copule time in mouse via gui is better than simple command in linux what is wrong - its just metal issue
Oh, i misunderstand your post. Im sorry :) But u know if the speeddial page loads slower then a normal page on startup? would be nice to know.

Reactions: Quassar

Quassar

Level 12
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
Dunno i dont feel at all difference meaby its based how much you have webs pined + PC hardware/and system optimization + network speed

... anyway i never used / liked this function in any browser.

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
Dunno i dont feel at all difference meaby its based how much you have webs pined + PC hardware/and system optimization + network speed

... anyway i never used / liked this function in any browser.
Thanks for your replie. Well its almost over a year ago since i tried vivaldi. Seems like i need a new test. Much seems to be changed. Have a good day. :)

Reactions: Quassar

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
I always used speeddial on vivaldi. The only reason i do not use vivaldi anymore is because it just started to slowly. page loading etc was fine. Is the speeddial homepage one reason that a browser starts slower? Always used around 20 dials. Realy love this browser, its so refreshing and just so much options for geeks. But the slow, i mean realy low like 2 sec or something startup always get me away from vivaldi. The fastest browser for my system is Edge, but god damn, i will never use it, almost nothing to change! and i love options! :D Atm i use Yandex and to my surprise, its beautiful.

Edit: after reading this post i noticed that its hell of a first world problem, when even a 2 sec startup from a browser gets me mad. Abit sad :/

Have you disabled the "check for updates" option?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.