Advice Request VLC or GOM Player or Daum Potplayer

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
Alright, getting back on-topic:
Tried PotPlayer on a few .mkv files and an .mp4 file, works flawlessly and smooth.
It's officially an addition to my set of multimedia utilities and applications. :p

Thanks a lot to all members who recommended it in this thread!

Reactions: RevesEX

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Ok. I'll try it. But I like tools and options that VLC have. I need a little technicals things in a media player...
And PotPlayer isn't on linux.

PotPlayer's feature list is so big, it's really hard to write them all down. Well I'll leave you to it then :D

Alright, getting back on-topic:
Tried PotPlayer on a few .mkv files and an .mp4 file, works flawlessly and smooth.
It's officially an addition to my set of multimedia utilities and applications. :p

Thanks a lot to all members who recommended it in this thread!

Here's a How-To-Guide on how to configure PotPlayer for GPU Accelerated video playback with DirectX video acceleration, CUDA and High performance decoding with the best video renderer of all time - MadVR supported in PotPlayer.

Now watching movies will be like never before ;)

[Only for Geeks and Experimentation]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: frogboy and Raul90

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
PotPlayer's feature list is so big, it's really hard to write them all down. Well I'll leave you to it then :D
Indeed, the only way for one to truly appreciate the features of an application, is to try them by himself/herself! :D

Here's a How-To-Guide on how to configure PotPlayer for GPU Accelerated video playback with DirectX video acceleration, CUDA and High performance decoding with the best video renderer of all time - MadVR supported in PotPlayer.

Now watching movies will be like never before ;)

[Only for Geeks and Experimentation]
Thanks for the recommendation! I do have more than capable hardware on my main PC for such advanced functions, and I'd sure want to try those features out! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: frogboy

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Daum PotPlayer gets my also using it for many years now. ;)

Reactions: Raul90

Gdant

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 6, 2014
frogboy
Have you tried potplayer in Windows 10 as it doesn't have support to win10 till now and whenever I try to install this it ends with BSOD.

A

Alkajak

frogboy
Have you tried potplayer in Windows 10 as it doesn't have support to win10 till now and whenever I try to install this it ends with BSOD.

Been using it on Windows 10 for approximately 6 months now. It's been working perfectly, not compatibility issues, no support issues, no BSODs. You're best off checking your Event Viewer to find out the BSOD code and the cause. It might not be the installation at all.

Reactions: frogboy
A

Ankh

VLC here. It works fine in Windows 10 and Opensuse linux. No problems installing or using it, also plays all formats

Captain Awesome

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 7, 2016
Hi all,
I need a suggest video player software. Which is better? Open video faster, lighter, less bugs. Please give me a recommendation in your opinion and experience. I'm using VLC, but sometimes open video, it has a green line on like this
GlP6JCZ.jpg

Thanks all!
This bug is fixed now and it is best for windows10 users.:D

Reactions: Maxxx58 and frogboy

AlphaBeta

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Oct 24, 2015
Hi all,
I need a suggest video player software. Which is better? Open video faster, lighter, less bugs. Please give me a recommendation in your opinion and experience. I'm using VLC, but sometimes open video, it has a green line on like this
GlP6JCZ.jpg

Thanks all!
Maybe you should reset your preferences and check if the green line is visible again. I've used VLC for many years now. I never bothered to use any other player since it does its job well.

Reactions: Maxxx58
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.