VLC updated for Windows 10 with bug fixes and new features

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sinu

Thread author
VLC has updated their popular media player app for Windows 10, bringing a new UI, bug fixes and new features.

Perhaps one of the most notable differences between the new app and the old one is the newly updated UI. The UI has been enhanced, along with animations to match the visual aesthetic of Windows 10. There are also under-the-hood improvements that should make the app run faster, especially on low-end devices.

A mini player has also been added, allowing quick access to media. Naturally, VLC will be evolving the app and making continual improvements. Currently, the app does not offer hardware decoding and does have some audio glitches. If you care to read about the new update in detail, be sure to hit the source link below.

VLC is available for download via the Windows Store. In order to fully take advantage of the latest version, you will need to update your OS to Windows 10. Windows 10 is available as a free update for users running legitimate copies of Windows 7 and 8.1.
Source: http://blog.thomasnigro.fr/2015/08/07/vlc-1-5-on-the-road-to-windows-10/
http://www.winbeta.org/news/vlc-windows-10-gets-new-name-hundreds-bugfixes-and-cool-new-features?

arslan ejaz

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 5, 2015
Still A lot of bugs in it i tried it but i was disappointed. :( i hope they will patch the bugs and for now i love pot player.

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
It's slightly getting a bit better...... but still has some bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.