Advice Request VMware workstation 16.2.4 intermittent sluggish?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

simmerskool

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I had some experience with v15, did not run any vm for about 2yr, now running 16.2.4 pro for about a month. Last several days win10 vm running very smooth and nearly as fast as Host, including browsing with Edge thru FS Freedome too. Today I had to reboot to update app on Host, so I suspended vm, closing vmware, rebooted, opened vmware and started Guest win10 vm. And vm is crawling. vm has 128 gb virtual disk with 88 gb free, 16gig RAM and 9.45gb available. Guest is running on ssd 1 tb. Why would it be a pleasure to work on yesterday and past several days, and today after reboot, it acts like molasses, WTF? I'm screaming at it to no avail. Resources do not show anything tying up the vm_system. I had a minor display issue a couple weeks back and vmware tech support was great, quickly responded and knew what to do. Any idea on intermittent sluggishness? What to look for, where??

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.