Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

VMware Workstation Pro 17.5 | VMware Workstation Player 17.5 (19 OCT 2023 | Build 22583795)​

What's New​

• New Security Enhancement

This release introduces new security enhancement by providing an improved encryption scheme (XTS instead of CBC) for maximum protection with a reduced performance overhead. Please see https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/93071 for more information.
  • This release resolves CVE-2023-34044. For more information on these vulnerabilities and their impact on VMware products, see VMSA-2023-0022.
  • Control Virtual Machines using the VMRUN Commands

You can now control virtual machines using the VMRUN command line utility in Workstation Pro. You can use commands to perform various guest operations such as power on or off, capture snapshots for data backup, manage network adapters, run an executable program, manage files and directories, manage processes running on the operating system, and so on.
  • Import and Export Virtual Machines with vTPM device

You can now import or export a virtual machine with a vTPM device enabled using the OVF Tool. You can export a virtual machine with vTPM device into an OVF file, and then use the OVF file to import the virtual machine with a vTPM.
  • Manage Power Operations of Encrypted Virtual Machines using VMREST API

You can now power on/off, suspend, pause, unpause, or retrieve the state of an encrypted virtual machine using the VMREST API service.
  • VMware Hardware Version 21
    • Support for up to 256 NVMe devices: 4 controllers and 64 devices per controller
    • Support for NVMe 1.3 in the following guest operating systems:
      • Microsoft Windows 11
      • Microsoft Windows Server 2022
Source: VMware Workstation 17.5 Pro Release Notes | VMware Workstation 17.5 Player Release Notes

Download: VMware Workstation Pro | VMware Workstation Player

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

VMware Workstation 17.5.1 Pro​

VMware Workstation Pro 17.5.1 | 27 FEB 2024 | Build 23298084

What's New​

This release contains security and bug fixes.
  • This release resolves CVE-2024-22251. For more information on this vulnerability and its impact on VMware products, see VMSA-2024-0005.
Source: VMware Workstation 17.5.1 Pro Release Notes

VMware Workstation 17.5.1 Player​

VMware Workstation Player 17.5.1 | 27 FEB 2024 | Build 23298084

What's New​

This release contains security and bug fixes.
  • This release resolves CVE-2024-22251. For more information on this vulnerability and its impact on VMware products, see VMSA-2024-0005
Source: VMware Workstation 17.5.1 Player Release Notes

Last edited:

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
well yikes: fwiw, in workstation pro Help | support | submit support request now navigates to nowhere. So I went to VMware webpage and navigated from there and it seems now the gatekeeper is an AI chat bot, and I basically went in circles. Eventually got to VMware Community forum, but overwhelming and somewhat intimidating to me. I had paid for support in past maybe it expired, rarely needed rarely used, I'd send an email and get a quick helpful email reply. Today, bottom line limited info I found / gleaned is that Workstation Pro 16.2.5 is still "supported" -- so I'll close my eyes and click my heels 3x and assume my VM is current and safe -- :rolleyes: Not sure this link will load without preclearance from their security bot :whistle:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.