Vodooshield Silent maybe

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 69673
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Thread author
Actually no april fools. I remember Dan mentioning to me something like this..

I actually feel VS Free is too functional, that he should have a 'Lite' version for free, then a 'Pro' version for people that want the real meat and potatoes. Completely different product, and the lite one would drive traffic to purchasing the free. My opinion from a business perspective..

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
From Dan, VoodooShield Dev.
Real quick... I have been thinking about developing a new product and I wanted to get everyone’s opinion. It really would not be too much different from VS on AutoPilot, except there would not be a desktop shield gadget, and most of the VS settings, toggling and modes would be removed. It would resemble some of Next-Gen ML/Ai products, except it would include some of the rules and algos that VS utilizes while on AutoPilot.

See, our new custom VoodooAi engine is almost ready, which we will be implementing into VS soon. It will no longer rely on Azure or IBM Waston. So I was thinking that we could quickly and easily build a new product and call it “VoodooShield Silent”. It actually would not take that long at all. Last October I created something very similar to this, and it only took 4-5 hours to strip out all of the settings and extra code from VS, to create this product. I called the product “CrapGuard”, and even registered the domain name back then. Although the name fit the product… since it guards your computer from crap, I didn’t think that was very professional, so then I was thinking VoodooShield Silent might be a better name.

Then I was thinking that some users would believe it is as secure as VS is, and use it instead of VS, when in fact it will not be as secure, so I never released it. As everyone knows, I am a true believer in locking the computer when it is at risk, simply because this is when almost all attacks occur… and not locking the computer when it is at risk is simply taking an uncalculated risk.

This product would be targeted mainly towards SMB and Enterprise customers, whereas VS is targeted toward consumers, SMB and Enterprise customers. Basically, every web connected device should be locked when it is at risk.

So anyway, I wanted to get everyone’s opinion, to see if you guys would think a product like this would be useful. Right now, I am 50/50 on whether to build and release something like this or not. It would only take 5 or so hours to strip out all of the code from a copy of VS. And actually, with CrapGuard, once I stripped out all of the code, it was rock solid, since most of the complex code was removed. It will be even easier this time since VS 4.25 is stable.

Then again, it would not be that different from simply running VS on AutoPilot, so I cannot decided, and would appreciate everyone's opinion. So what do you guys think?

Thank you guys!
Source: VoodooShield v4 STABLE Thread

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
Actually no april fools. I remember Dan mentioning to me something like this..

I actually feel VS Free is too functional, that he should have a 'Lite' version for free, then a 'Pro' version for people that want the real meat and potatoes. Completely different product, and the lite one would drive traffic to purchasing the free. My opinion from a business perspective..

Hear hear. Maybe he changes strategy when his central management module for the corporate market is ready, that could be the moment to release a friendly-silent version for home users (and continue the paid as PRO)

Reactions: Handsome Recluse
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.