oldschool

Level 20
Verified
Operating System
Windows 10
Antivirus
Windows Defender
God, I hope Dan isn't actually considering this. I don't think I can even begin to imagine a bigger waste of time than developing a mobile version of VS.
I'm working from memory here, he may have mentioned this in an older post, but I don't wish to be the source of any unfounded rumors!

Slyguy

Level 40
Content Creator
Verified
Operating System
Other OS
Someone posted a link for version 4.72 and it was not Dan. Was wondering what is going on there. Over on COU.
I was working with Dan on 4.72, which resolves a particular issue I was having with VS when combined with another piece of software. Nothing serious mind you, just a little conflict which Dan promptly fixed in 4.72, so that's the version I am using myself, but I haven't seen Dan officially post 4.72 as of yet.

Arequire

Level 22
Content Creator
Verified
I don't know why people on COU are so confused at the fact that someone was able to get the link to 4.72. The download's always from the same domain so all you have to do is use the 4.71 download link and then switch the 1 to a 2. If it's available it'll download, if not it'll 404.

Regardless, I'd wait until Dan comments on it if I were y'all.

oldschool

Level 20
Verified
Operating System
Windows 10
Antivirus
Windows Defender
I don't know why people on COU are so confused at the fact that someone was able to get the link to 4.72. The download's always from the same domain so all you have to do is use the 4.71 download link and then switch the 1 to a 2. If it's available it'll download, if not it'll 404.

Regardless, I'd wait until Dan comments on it if I were y'all.
Thanks. I just learned something new! (y)

Slyguy

Level 40
Content Creator
Verified
Operating System
Other OS
It's sort of an old tactic to find new versions of stuff by changing the URL itself to reflect new versions. :)

However, I assure you I was working with Dan on 4.72 testing some things, and it's an incredibly good, solid version.