Malware Hub Report VoodooShield 6 - December 2020 Report

Disclaimer
  1. This test shows how an antivirus behaves with certain threats, in a specific environment and under certain conditions.
    We encourage you to compare these results with others and take informed decisions on what security products to use.
    Before buying an antivirus you should consider factors such as price, ease of use, compatibility, and support. Installing a free trial version allows an antivirus to be tested in everyday use before purchase.

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Finally Interactive Mode is still here in home products, They finally changed their mind :)

In Business products "never existed"...
I think I was confused... this is what I thought TAM was in Kaspersky Small Office Security, but now that I googled TAM, I see that it is different.

Kaspersky.PNG

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Hehehe, I KNEW you were going to say that ;). I actually downloaded that installer from a client's server, and installed the old version on purpose to make sure TAM was not removed... because I distinctly remember comparing VS to what I thought was TAM when we first installed it at that location. Anyway, they are running the latest version of Kaspersky now.

BTW, you mentioned that you do not disagree with ... "I do not seem to agree whether the computer should be locked when it is at risk or not".

It took me several days to process... My mind is on a single core P133, but I was curious about something. Do you think it is beneficial to increase the security posture when the user is engaged in dangerous activities? Like running a web browser or email client?

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I agree in general, but (there are always buts... ;) ), in some cases I usually only suggest not to pair VS when user is using a full security suite and its settings in aggressive mode (this is a recent case in the Config Section...)

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
I agree in general, but (there are always buts... ;) ), in some cases I usually only suggest not to pair VS when user is using a full security suite and its settings in aggressive mode (this is a recent case in the Config Section...)
That's cool, thank you, but I was mainly curious if you (or anyone else) had any ideas what tweaks we can do to make it so VS is not overkill, especially with full security suites. We could have a version or even a mode that only functioned as a toggling computer lock, which is kind of what Offline Mode is already.

Deep Layer

Level 1
Jan 4, 2021

Well...it depends a lot on the user's knowledge. If the user knows what he's doing, he shouldn't have any problem using VS together with a full suite.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.