New Update VoodooShield CyberLock 7.0

Freki123

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
I am completely out of things to fix or new features to add, so if you guys have any suggestions for VS or any of the other products, please let me know.
Since you asked :D

Just as info: For some reason my VS still is on 7.28 and finds no updates when I let it check for them. Seems like I have to do the upgrade the manual way.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Yes, I confirm this--VS here is also at 7.28. Will update manually to 7.30 now--hopefully it's OK to do that.

vs latest 728.png

ng4ever

Level 17
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
I tried VoodooShield for 15 days but it had 2 false positives. Anyway to prevent that ? Yes I read how to use the file/install the program instead but is all I can do is report the false positives and hope they get removed ?

Is it worth using VoodooShield ?

There any updated current manual for best settings ?

Last edited:

Freki123

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
@ng4ever VS for me always throws some false positives every now and then (and I have to check whats going on). I choose it because MS Defender was too quiet for me (even heavily tweaked). If the false positive is annoying I email Dan.
For settings I would say the default once are ok. The rest is up to your paranoia.
I changed:
Automatically deactivate after 10 mins system idle to off
Under Whitelistcloud I changed it to: "Do not automatically allow safe WhitelistCloud items"
Notify me when new not safe items are detected on (not sure if it's the default or not).

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
I tried VoodooShield for 15 days but it had 2 false positives. Anyway to prevent that ? Yes I read how to use the file/install the program instead but is all I can do is report the false positives and hope they get removed ?
Email @danb directly through the website. His responses are usually quite prompt.
Is it worth using VoodooShield ?
Only you can decide.
There any updated current manual for best settings ?
The one on the website is the latest manual. For best settings I agree with @Freki123 --> more tweaks can lead to more alerts. :cool:

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Since you asked :D

Just as info: For some reason my VS still is on 7.28 and finds no updates when I let it check for them. Seems like I have to do the upgrade the manual way.

Thank you, I am still thinking this over, and Baldrick had a suggestion that was slightly similar, so I am trying to figure out the best way to do this.

Yeah, sometimes I release a new version to the public but do not push the update for a few days or weeks. I do this when the changes are minor and there is a chance that we might be changing something within a week or two. I try to keep our public releases to an absolute minimum so that companies who have our software on all of their endpoints do not have to update their entire network, especially when the changes are minor.

ng4ever

Level 17
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
Thank you, I am still thinking this over, and Baldrick had a suggestion that was slightly similar, so I am trying to figure out the best way to do this.

Yeah, sometimes I release a new version to the public but do not push the update for a few days or weeks. I do this when the changes are minor and there is a chance that we might be changing something within a week or two. I try to keep our public releases to an absolute minimum so that companies who have our software on all of their endpoints do not have to update their entire network, especially when the changes are minor.

Your amazing!

I normally update manually but this would be cool feature to have still!

I use SUMo to looks for updates everyday!

Reactions: Gandalf_The_Grey

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Updated via the UI to v. 7.35 on my occasional Windows 11 drive. Since Insiders beta channel updated to 22622.586, I took a Snapshot of the system just in case. Is it OK to take a Snapshot in these circumstances? It's just mainly Windows on here anyway but I don't want any fp or silent blocks.

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Updated via the UI to v. 7.35 on my occasional Windows 11 drive. Since Insiders beta channel updated to 22622.586, I took a Snapshot of the system just in case. Is it OK to take a Snapshot in these circumstances? It's just mainly Windows on here anyway but I don't want any fp or silent blocks.
Taking a snapshot assumes your system is clean. You shouldn't have any issues.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Mail from @danb :
Hey Guys!

For once there is actually not a new version of VS 😉, but if you guys find anything we need to fix please let me know.

I just wanted to let you know about a story that Microsoft published on VS…

Thank you guys!

Dan

Last edited:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
IMO does the name CyberLock indicate better what the program does, but it is not a unique one like VoodooShield.
I would keep the name VoodooShield and use the word cyberlock for marketing, something like:
VoodooShield, a cyberlock for your computer.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.