Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Forget CyberLock!

How about:

PC Protector
SystemGuard
VSystemGuard
OS Shield

Note: I've seen previous comments on other forums that VoodooShield sounds dubious, one person even thinking it was a firewall. But associating it with a malicious program? Those comments are from conspiracy freaks.

JasonUK

Level 5
Apr 14, 2020
Stick with VoodooShield which is memorable/established and add CyberLock to the marketing strap line would be my suggestion. If there was a large organisation behind this great bit of software you might be worried about a name which has mass appeal but VS is a niche not mainstream security product and I don't see that changing unless one of the big boys come knocking to buy the intellectual property in which case they'd choose their own branding.

TedCruz

Level 5
Aug 19, 2022
You all got the name suggestions wrong! Have anyone of you ever been in a tech related meeting?! We need to shift the paradigms and instead of white boarding it we need to look at the core competency of VooDoo Shield and circle back to the solution.
What VooDoo Shield needs to be called is: MetaBlockChainShield Cloud Based Crypto Deterrence

Last edited:

n8chavez

Level 17
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
You all got the name suggestions wrong! Have anyone of you ever been in a tech related meeting?! We need to shift the paradigms and instead of white boarding it we need to look at the core competency of VooDoo Shield and circle back to the solution.
What VooDoo Shield needs to be called is: MetaBlockChainShield Cloud Based Crypto Deterrence

"Circle back"? ... good lord I'm having flashback of the red-headed-zuckerburg again!

Reactions: TedCruz

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
I like how you had to sit there and do the math just to find how much more VS was using! Seriously though, does 2% that maker that much of a difference?
Really, might not be a big deal for you but i am making a comparison with older versions, people really are unbelievable......jesus

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Hey Dan 👋. Updated Windows 11 to v. 22623.730 (beta Insiders). Although it was disabled while W11 Insiders Preview, Update Stack Package and .NET Framework Preview KB5017271 were installed, after restart, VS blocked the Settings app from opening. I had to allow two items, both of which were signed by Microsoft.

vs block notice.png

Let me know if you need further info.

By the way, you're not still considering changing the name of VS, are you?

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
I wonder if it was blocked because you disabled VS?
I have to disable VS during the updates as this is Insiders, not release. Otherwise, I've gotten interference before, albeit minor but who want to take any chances?

These were new exe to VS, but the score was not too far out of the Safe range. In fact, one was labeled Safe altogether. Hopefully, if need be, he can clear these false-positives before the build goes to the Release channel. I initially could not open Settings because of this.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Mails from @danb :
Hey Guys,

Here is the latest version of VS! There were only minor changes and a new logo in the settings screen that shows how we are going to be branding VoodooShield CyberLock. Essentially, we are keeping both names for now.

BTW, we are currently offering a lifetime subscription on our website and will probably be discontinuing the lifetime license soon. If any of the beta testers need a couple of extra years, just let me know!

VS 7.36

https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield736.exe

SHA-256: f7fd33ebc7cb798ece694891fa3df2c5af146aabead9a67937f4fd78709aa2f0

Thank you,

Dan

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Mails from @danb :
I had what was probably a user error glitch with VS today, perhaps after installing v7.36 (I had a tech day from hell). I think I have a beta lic from Dan that extends long enough for me, but the app register page says "currently running Pro Trial." Not sure if I got a popup today as an incentive to buy, or what, but is Dan limiting beta lic now that he's selling lifetime lic (I think $90)? I was away from MT for awhile, and it seems like Dan is posting less, or no longer an bugs to test and fix?? I don't want to overstay my free Pro lic.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
I had what was probably a user error glitch with VS today, perhaps after installing v7.36 (I had a tech day from hell). I think I have a beta lic from Dan that extends long enough for me, but the app register page says "currently running Pro Trial." Not sure if I got a popup today as an incentive to buy, or what, but is Dan limiting beta lic now that he's selling lifetime lic (I think $90)? I was away from MT for awhile, and it seems like Dan is posting less, or no longer an bugs to test and fix?? I don't want to overstay my free Pro lic.
You should email Dan to discuss this.
He is less active here, but still active by mail.

ColonelMal

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jul 5, 2017
I agree with @Gandalf_The_Grey. You should email Dan and you will be able to adjust your subscription if necessary.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.