danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
I am a HUGE proponent of “agree to disagree”, especially in the post social media / conspiracy theory / covid era. I was just watching a documentary the other day about how people used to be able to agree to disagree, admit they were wrong, or at least were willing to listen to the other side. But the last few years, most people simply just dig in to their side of the argument further and do not even listen to the other side. Debates used to be cool because often times each side would learn something from the other side, or at least gain a new perspective. But online debates have become completely pointless and a huge waste of time, so it is silly to even engage in them anymore.

But this is not a simple case of two people disagreeing on a certain subject. This is a case of one person systematically stalking and harassing another person for 5+ years, usually while being incognito. You guys only see a small part of the stalking and harassment. For example, I will post something, and minutes later he will email me, 24 hours a day. Which is why I know I am unfortunately living rent free in his mind. And really, it’s not just that I do not want to argue with him, it’s also simply that I want absolutely nothing to do with him. I have asked him nicely to stop multiple times, but 5 years later he is still spending massing amounts of time stalking and harassing me.

Here is one example of the kinds of things he does. Read the comments in the following post. Each time someone posted something about DefenderUI on MT or other security forum, he copied and pasted your comments from MT, using your MT handles.

This might seem like a trivial issue to some people not familiar with what all has happened the last 5 years, but since I have asked him nicely multiple times to stop, and since he has failed to do so, I have no choice but to pursue criminal charges against him.

Jeff T, this truly is your final warning. Stop harassing me now or the authorities will become involved.

eXDj

Level 12
Verified
Aug 2, 2015
danb when update interface ?
and you can make portable ?
for beta test build (beta tester) i need to send you email ?
How long have you left the program on Training mode ?
For another language (romanian) translate it is very poor and soft does not display correctly !
in training mode frecvent alert to enable voodooshield,it is ok ?
install again,latest version,Auto,Snapshot Scan ...wait ...1 hour still scan ...

Last edited:
Reactions: danb

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
danb when update interface ?
and you can make portable ?
for beta test build (beta tester) i need to send you email ?
How long have you left the program on Training mode ?
For another language (romanian) translate it is very poor and soft does not display correctly !
in training mode frecvent alert to enable voodooshield,it is ok ?
install again,latest version,Auto,Snapshot Scan ...wait ...1 hour still scan ...
We might update the UI at some point, if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. VS could never possibly be portable for a lot of different reasons, one of which @oldschool explained. VS really does not need to be in training mode that long at all, you can probably just skip training mode altogether. Please let me know if you want to tweak the Romanian language and I can send you the file to tweak.

We finished upgrading all of the servers last night and they are located in a datacenter that is super fast. WLC is super fast now, it is at least twice as fast as it was before from the performance tests that we performed.

Happy holidays everyone!

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
We might update the UI at some point, if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. VS could never possibly be portable for a lot of different reasons, one of which @oldschool explained. VS really does not need to be in training mode that long at all, you can probably just skip training mode altogether. Please let me know if you want to tweak the Romanian language and I can send you the file to tweak.

We finished upgrading all of the servers last night and they are located in a datacenter that is super fast. WLC is super fast now, it is at least twice as fast as it was before from the performance tests that we performed.

Happy holidays everyone!
about a week ago the cuckoo sandbox was not loading files. Is that fixed if it was broken? That's an extra feature in VS I like (only me?). But it not working lead me to find intezer sandbox but I have to manually load the file into intezer, but ok. Hey, I know originally WLC was a standalone app before you integrated it into VS. Just curious why not also have it WLC available as a standalone. I'm guessing I have older WLC standalone exe saved somewhere, if I tried to run it on pc not running VS would older standalone still work?
Seasons Greetings.

bellgamin

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2016
We might update the UI at some point, if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.
"Updating the GUI" is an interesting solution but I see NO problem with the present GUI.

It seems like every time I get used to a GUI, it gets changed. That reminds me of when I was 13 years old. Every time I went to school, my parents moved. 😊

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I was doing some miscellaneous tweaking in my admin user account then rebooted into sua and got VS block alert for
c:\windows\system32\msiexec.exe /v
saying NOT digitally signed with 2 choices, block (recommended) or allow with option to report false positive. So I started checking...
sha256= aa2fa1000f9fea03339edf67295dd043806294ec1644e38b7dd08e7d670d5423
I don't ever recall VS blocking this before. VT says it is clean, not signed, but it matches 2 sigma rules and VT community seems not to like it. kaspersky threat intell says clean.
QUESTION re VS: the VS alert stayed open for a while, but when I went to input my selection to allow, the alert window had closed having made no selection. In this situation, let's call it do nothing, did VS keep the exe blocked or let it run?? I don't see it running in process_explorer, but I think that is not definitive, but I could be wrong. I know I should know the answer to this, but :unsure:

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
about a week ago the cuckoo sandbox was not loading files. Is that fixed if it was broken? That's an extra feature in VS I like (only me?). But it not working lead me to find intezer sandbox but I have to manually load the file into intezer, but ok. Hey, I know originally WLC was a standalone app before you integrated it into VS. Just curious why not also have it WLC available as a standalone. I'm guessing I have older WLC standalone exe saved somewhere, if I tried to run it on pc not running VS would older standalone still work?
Seasons Greetings.
Yeah, the only server we did not upgrade was the Cuckoo server. Not many people user or even know about Cuckoo, and it is in need of serious updating. Hopefully we can get to that soon, thank you!

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
I was doing some miscellaneous tweaking in my admin user account then rebooted into sua and got VS block alert for
c:\windows\system32\msiexec.exe /v
saying NOT digitally signed with 2 choices, block (recommended) or allow with option to report false positive. So I started checking...
sha256= aa2fa1000f9fea03339edf67295dd043806294ec1644e38b7dd08e7d670d5423
I don't ever recall VS blocking this before. VT says it is clean, not signed, but it matches 2 sigma rules and VT community seems not to like it. kaspersky threat intell says clean.
QUESTION re VS: the VS alert stayed open for a while, but when I went to input my selection to allow, the alert window had closed having made no selection. In this situation, let's call it do nothing, did VS keep the exe blocked or let it run?? I don't see it running in process_explorer, but I think that is not definitive, but I could be wrong. I know I should know the answer to this, but :unsure:
Hmmmm, very odd, can you please email me your DeveloperLog? If the user does not respond to a prompt, the file is automatically blocked. I am sure you already know, but you can adjust the time that the User Prompt will be displayed in VoodooShield Settings / UI Tweaks tab... "Enable countdown timer for prompts and display the prompts for 20 seconds". Thank you!

n8chavez

Level 17
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
Look everybody, danb is still using VT in his product - against the VT terms of service.
Plus Voodooshield is blocking, in his own words, vital system resources. And as far as his claim of superior usability, just look - a user cannot figure out what Voodooshield is doing and has to come here and ask for support.

danb has demonstrated many times that Voodooshield usability is far less than what he says.

I call B.S. Someone creates a new account here for the sole purpose of bashing VS. Yeah, no. You have no credibility.

Shadowra

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Look everybody, danb is still using VT in his product - against the VT terms of service.
Plus Voodooshield is blocking, in his own words, vital system resources. And as far as his claim of superior usability, just look - a user cannot figure out what Voodooshield is doing and has to come here and ask for support.

danb has demonstrated many times that Voodooshield usability is far less than what he says.

You will have to stop creating accounts on MT and denigrate VS daily ....

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017

Hey JT, here is what you just posted under your new name Foolan in the poll forum before it was deleted (mods, please feel free to delete my post)

Just so everybody knows, danb keeps calling it cyberstalking as a way to deflect from the real issue and manipulate popular opinion here at MalwareTips. If it was cyberstalking then the police would open a case, but he tried that and they told him to get lost. He is just a liar. Then he starts talking about lawsuits to intimidate. Nobody here is going to be intimidated by you dan. So you can f k right off with that.

You do have an out. Stop making any references whatsoever to AppGuard and its users. Until you stop, there is a group of people who will be here to throw your bs right back into your face.
I have not once attacked AppGuard in an offensive manner, but I have defended myself and VS on many, many occasions. You even admitted that AppGuard left MalwareTips 5 years ago, which was not a smart thing to do, just ask your attorney. If AppGuard left MalwareTips 5 years, what are you still doing here? Although, it is so awesome that you admit that you admit "there is a group of people who will be here to throw your bs right back into your face". I have said VERY little about AppGuard, ALL of it demonstratively true, and ONLY when provoked by you and your thugs... and it is all public record.

If you are so worried about your companies reputation, then why do you guys continue to embarrass yourselves and give your company a bad name by incessantly cyberstalking and harassing VS and I?

Your actions and words speak volumes. I mean seriously, do you seriously think ANY MT user or a jury would EVER believe a creepy stalker guy who does not have the courage to reveal his identity, and has created 10+ incognito accounts on MT and other forums?

You need to stop while you are behind.

Hate is the consequence of fear.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Hmmmm, very odd, can you please email me your DeveloperLog? If the user does not respond to a prompt, the file is automatically blocked. I am sure you already know, but you can adjust the time that the User Prompt will be displayed in VoodooShield Settings / UI Tweaks tab... "Enable countdown timer for prompts and display the prompts for 20 seconds". Thank you!
easier said than done :ROFLMAO: I just increased countdown timer to 120 seconds which appears to be the max. Meanwhile, took me a minute or 2 to recall the location of the DeveloperLog.log, but I found it and sent. Thanks.

Reactions: Freki123

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017

Even on christmas you can't shut up for once. What a sad confession that you have nothing better to do at christmas time...

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Question re VS not liking a digital signature? I downloaded Kaspersky Anti-Ransomware Tool (free). I right-clicked for a VS scan. VS reports "There is an issue with the digital signature that is signed by AO Kaspersky Lab." VirusTotal reports "Signed file, valid signature" VoodooAi says Safe, but WLC Not Safe. Any idea why discrepancy with signature between VS & VT?? Kaspersky Threat Intelligence Portal matches my sha 256 and says "clean."
558f72e3842a533cc6aaabfacca3ef60c40af5f3ebdede9a391d74589dcf3129

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.