danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
What is the main advantage of having voodooshield running beside for e.g. Eset Smart Security Premium? Isnt that too much? I don't know much on this but thought to ask. Thankkyou.
The main advantage of installing VoodooShield is that your computer will be locked with true local zero-trust / deny-by-default when you are engaging in dangerous activities on the computer, such as browsing the web or checking email. You could set VS to Always ON mode if you want full time true local zero-trust / deny-by-default protection.

There are tons of other unique features in VS, that is the main one.

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
@danb, I did notice a couple more things:

1. If I already have an allow firewall rule and that app gets updated Cyberlock will create a new block rule (because the update is initially seen as unsafe because the hashes are too new), that Cyberlock created block rule will take priority over any allow rule. Since Windows Firewall doesn't use hashes there's no way of distinguishing between the rules. That's not good. I recently began having rclone issues and I could see why, and my configurartion remained the same. Cyberlock created a block rule for it. Would it be possible to not create a block rule if there is already a rule created for that .exe?

2. I assume with this re-branding you want everything to say Cyberlock now and not VoodooShield. However, the application icons (tray, desktop shield, etc.) still say "VS."

3. When I try and do a manual update check within Cyberlock, I get the below message saying I have no internet connection, although I clearly do. I also have no firewall rule blocking cyberlock.

View attachment 274611
1. I will have to look into this an perform some tests, thank you for the suggestions. I hope to be able to get to this within a few weeks.

2. Yeah, we are going to keep the logo for now, but we will change it at some point. If anyone has a great idea for a CyberLock logo, please let me know!

3. Hmmm, that is odd. If you continue to experience this issue, can you please email your developer log to support at cyberlock.global? The developer log is located here: C:\ProgramData\CyberLock\DeveloperLog.log

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Comment from @paulderdash at Wilders:
Hope the rebranding works for Dan ... Google currently dishes up a lock company with search on CyberLock.

Those unfamiliar with the history will wonder what the 'VS' in the taskbar icon/widget is all about. To be replaced with 'CL'?

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018

Freki123

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
@danb Better don't confuse the user :D
So far CyberLock is running good but if you look for it with a search engine it's hard to find.
3Untitled - Copy.jpg

Reactions: oldschool

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.