New Update VoodooShield CyberLock 7.0

ng4ever

Level 17
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
The new version of Voodooshield now CyberLock is awesome!

Though in general it is awesome. Loads really quick even after a shutdown and bootup. Plus even a restart. One of the first programs already loaded!

Only thing I found is some programs it does not like but this is when in autopilot so understandable. Like 7zip, Enpass (when enabling Wifi Sync server), AdGuard (during install), Media Player Classic, etc but it is ok. I reported them all as false positives.

Last edited:

ng4ever

Level 17
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
Stupid question why does CyberLock have the options to disable itself when away from keyboard after 10 minutes? What is this even for and why it is enabled by default? Would you not want this ?

Emby also sets off a lot of false positives :(

More than any other program but understandable mostly.

Last edited:
Reactions: danb
F

ForgottenSeer 97327

Same here. Shield #1 is the clear winner.

@Max90, why not try the word 'cyber' inside the shield? 🤔
:) you have to ask the design AI, I just played with it for 5 minutes :unsure:

Come to think of it. @danb would not it be fun for an 'AI assisted cyberlock' program that another AI program (design AI) made its logo? :cool:

@Digmor Crusher and Oldschool: on seconds thoughts I agree with you that the font of the second (AI-generated) example, matches a security program better (robust font type for solid protection). Because Cyberlock. Pro is a security program which smart mode toggles ON when you go online, I keep preferring the logo with the laptop in it (beter resembles flexibility and the digital protection purpose of the program). For the shape of the outside shield I think it would be better to use the current shield of VoodooShield as a tribute to its legacy/history.

Last edited by a moderator:

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Real quick, I was curious if you guys liked this logo. We would have to figure out how to implement the red unlocked vs the blue locked logos.

Maybe we could have a blue logo where the lock shackle is attached to the body, and a red logo where the shackle and body are not attached (like it actually is in this logo sample), instead of the shackle swinging to to left (if that makes any sense).

Anyway, I wanted to post this so you guys could brainstorm. thank you guys, talk to you soon!

Logo.png

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
Real quick, I was curious if you guys liked this logo. We would have to figure out how to implement the red unlocked vs the blue locked logos.

Maybe we could have a blue logo where the lock shackle is attached to the body, and a red logo where the shackle and body are not attached (like it actually is in this logo sample), instead of the shackle swinging to to left (if that makes any sense).

Anyway, I wanted to post this so you guys could brainstorm. thank you guys, talk to you soon!

View attachment 274817
This one works for me .

Freki123

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
@danb Maybe consider an option to increase the space of what wants to be executed when it's a longer command line (at the CL popup). It's one thing to not understand what tried to run (other than it has something to do with compatibility) but not being able to read it in a good way doesn't help :D

Attachments

• Untitled3 - Copy.jpg
    Untitled3 - Copy.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 111
  • Untitled34 - Copy.jpg
    Untitled34 - Copy.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 123

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

Voodooshield Cyberlock 7.44 is out now

Sounds great, thank you! 7.44 just had a couple of very minor fixes.

Hey TH! Thank you for checking in! Yeah, there were just very minor updates in 7.44, so I was going to wait until 7.45 to activate the auto update for 7.45.

I try not to push auto updates unless there is a really important fix, or if it has been a while since the last update. The reason is because some companies have a lot of endpoints they need to update

Mops21

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Despite using VS aka CyberLock since 2011, I forget some-things because my VS just always works... Is there an explanation of security posture anywhere ie difference between aggressive, moderate, relaxed & silent? I normally use default aggressive, but I need to get a better understanding of posture. thanks. (PS I looked on VS website and I did not find anything...) (PS2 the help file is where?) (my brain has been overloaded lately...)

Reactions: danb and Oldie1950

Freki123

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
@simmerskool Click the blue thing with the i inside. One "i" explains the "modes" the other one the "postures".
Untitle2d.jpg
Edit:
@danb
Suggestion: It'a not the first time users ask for explanations about the modes/posteres here. Maybe you could change the "blue things with the i? inside" into two buttons. "Info about modes" and "Info about postures" or something like that. I would press a button but the "blue things" look a bit like eye candy and not a button if you don't know what they are.

Last edited:

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
@simmerskool Click the blue thing with the i inside. One "i" explains the "modes" the other one the "postures".
View attachment 275653
Wow I am rusty, that shows how often I ever change settings... Thanks!!
EDIT (no offense intended to Dan) -- 1st paragraph, "lowering the posture...will reduce the frequency of unnecessary blocks" :unsure: The meaning of that is not necessarily clear ;) What's an "unnecessary block" & if unnecessary why should there be any unnecessary blocks? Just thinkin' outloud... but reading the entire page, I think I get it. I have always run Aggressive (Deny-by-Default /Zero-Trust) as I understood that's VS's raison d'etre.

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 100397

The "Watchdog Violation" BSOD occurred when I attempted to use CyberLock on Windows 11. I booted into Windows after a couple of tries. The solution to the BSOD problem was to uninstall CyberLock.

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
@danb Maybe consider an option to increase the space of what wants to be executed when it's a longer command line (at the CL popup). It's one thing to not understand what tried to run (other than it has something to do with compatibility) but not being able to read it in a good way doesn't help :D
Yeah, good point, let me see what I can do, thank you!

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
View attachment 275653
Edit:
@danb
Suggestion: It'a not the first time users ask for explanations about the modes/posteres here. Maybe you could change the "blue things with the i? inside" into two buttons. "Info about modes" and "Info about postures" or something like that. I would press a button but the "blue things" look a bit like eye candy and not a button if you don't know what they are.
I can look at that too, thank you.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.