New Update VoodooShield CyberLock 7.0

cartaphilus

Level 5
Mar 17, 2023
@danb I need help. I am being dump here and I need some intelect. So I've been trying to allow the damn Command Prompt of checkpoint harmony but no matter what I add to the command line as allowed it never takes.
See below:

checkpoint.png

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
@danb I need help. I am being dump here and I need some intelect. So I've been trying to allow the damn Command Prompt of checkpoint harmony but no matter what I add to the command line as allowed it never takes.
See below:

View attachment 278566
Thank you for letting me know! This should fix the issue, please let me know how it goes.

CyberLock 7.47
SHA-256: 96f96e375e6b62599216b6e7cc1ccfae2ba6a95d313f5af10da2d9bce98c90b5

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
@danb wonder if @cartaphilius issue with harmony is in anyway related to the issue I was having with DeepInstinct circa May where there was a communication blockage between the Di cloud console and win10 Di client despite mutual exclusions... techies on Di side thought block had to be VS but nothing obvious in VS logs. Issue disappeared when I uninstalled VS/CL (I think version 7.43)

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
@danb wonder if @cartaphilius issue with harmony is in anyway related to the issue I was having with DeepInstinct circa May where there was a communication blockage between the Di cloud console and win10 Di client despite mutual exclusions... techies on Di side thought block had to be VS but nothing obvious in VS logs. Issue disappeared when I uninstalled VS/CL (I think version 7.43)
It certainly could. If you try it, please let me know how it goes, thank you!

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
I had a weird thing happen with CL yesterday.
I had an update that did not want to install ,I ran the troubleshooter in windows and CL popped up asking to deny or allow BITS to run automatic in registry.
It might be normal but what if I was not at the computer would CL allow it anyways?
It is a necessary service in windows .

Reactions: danb

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I had an update that did not want to install ,I ran the troubleshooter in windows and CL popped up asking to deny or allow BITS to run automatic in registry.
It might be normal but what if I was not at the computer would CL allow it anyways?
you said "an update" -- was that a windows OS update :unsure:

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
I am guessing that since you triggered the troubleshooter, CL blocked the event. If you were not at the computer, you would not be triggering the event, so I think we are good.

You can always check the User Log or Developer Log for unwanted blocks that occur when you are not at the computer, but we have not seen a block like this for quite some time, especially after adding the Antimalware Contextual Engine a couple of years ago. But if anyone does see an unwanted block, please let me know and we will fix it. Thank you!

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Hey Guys!

Here is the latest version of CyberLock, and here are the changes…

- Added an “Enable Sandbox button in user prompts” option in CyberLock Settings / UI Tweaks. This will disable the Sandbox button in the user prompt, which in turn disables the Local and Cuckoo Sandbox. Most users do not want or need these options, so it is disabled by default.

- Moved the Auto Position of the Desktop Shield gadget to a little later in the startup process to help make sure the gadget is positioned correctly.

- Fixed verbiage on the CyberLock Welcome Screen that Rubenking found during his review

- Updated the CyberLock User Guide: https://www.cyberlock.global/Download/CyberLockUserGuide.pdf

CyberLock 7.49
SHA-256: aa1fda6c14f7bcbde22809ffb51a8dc56f728ddebd3b8e274da86b9ed28932ce

Have a great weekend, thank you guys!

Dan

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Hello,

I've CyberLock version 7.43 installed and when I click on "Update check" button it says I'm running the latest CyberLock. Can I update it by installing the new version over the old one ?

Thank you for you help
Hi, sure, you can just install over the top. 7.43 must have been a special release where the update check was disabled, thank you!

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Hi Dan,

Thanks for the new version.
The PDF is version 7.50 and the program version is 7.49?
Hi, sure, thank you as well! 7.49 is the latest release, I just used 7.50 for the User Guide. There is currently no difference at all between 7.49 and 7.50. We will release 7.50 to the public soon, I am just waiting to see if there are any bugs we need to fix after implementing the Sandbox button option, or to see if there are any other small changes we need to make for 7.50.

Victor M

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Oct 3, 2022
@danb ,

How do I create a rule to block the Windows exe \windows\system32\drvinst.exe ? When I choose block by signature, it doesn't seem to work by the file name, but all files signed by MS ?

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
danb when you change gui, more modern and integrate with windows 11 ?
how do you use the application, with the standard settings?
I am not sure when we are going to update the gui, probably within a year or so. CyberLock works great with Windows 11, I am not sure what you mean?

Do you mean how to reset to default settings? If you click on the button on bottom of all of the tabs (the one that says "CyberLock 7.xx", the big button to the right changes so you can reset to default settings.

Reactions: simmerskool

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.