Advice Request VoodooShield and double agent

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

DoubleAgent is a weak malware , it won't even pass UAC at max. so VS and any anti-exe will block it before it even does anything.
The buzz was made by a newcomer company promoting their "Next (crap) Gen" solution and using DoubleAgent as a way to discredit reputed vendors.

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
Yeah, he's right. You just gotta learn to sift through the noise and find what's really important. Everything could be manipulated. Twist the words a different way and you change the perception, change the perception and change the outcome. Psychology is like the dark matter subject, it seems, in usefulness.You can't rely on vendors especially without the free market and we don't have that anymore.

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
As @Umbra Said it won't even pass UAC it needs admin rights to even run. It hasn't got a chance of getting round VoodooShield. I think a few AV's have patched it anyway just in case. I'm pretty sure Avast have, and to be honest I can't see too many AV companies worrying about this silly little trick let alone anti-exe's etc.

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.