Open on ADM, here is the screenshot

Attachments

• Ant Download Manager.jpg
    Ant Download Manager.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 47
F

ForgottenSeer 100397

Open on ADM, here is the screenshot
The first time I tried, it appears I closed the browser and CL switched to OFF mode, allowing the Sumatra installer. I removed the Sumatra entry from the Whitelist, and CL (ON mode) showed an alert when I used ADM to open the Sumatra installer. CL displays alerts in only ON mode for vulnerable apps' child processes.

The setting "Automatically allow by parent process (disable if you are using a web or vulnerable app that is not listed below) [Disabled]" appears to be broken or ineffective.

• Wow
Reactions: simmerskool
F

ForgottenSeer 100397

My Whitelist has 250 entry's and a WhitelistCloud scan takes now 18 seconds for me.
My whitelist has 260 entries and the whitelist cloud scan takes 25.09 seconds

I tested with and without a VPN, but it's slow either way. As the disk usage exceeded 90 during scans, I disabled WhitelistCloud. I'm considering uninstalling CL and giving it a shot on my test system.

2023-12-17_175354.png

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Hey guys, I will respond to the posts that need a response when I get a chance, but real quick...

Thank you for creating a list of file managers, I will add them all in a few days once we have all of them accounted for.

As far as the allow by parent process feature goes, I just tested it and so far it is working as expected, but I will look into this more to be sure, especially since the new attack chain feature is integrated into the parent process feature. But please keep in mind, the allow by parent process feature is a feature that is designed to reduce unnecessary blocks. It is not a feature that is designed to block all child processes. In other words, if one of the other CyberLock features auto allows an item, disabling the allow by parent process feature will not automatically block the child process. You can look in the C:\ProgramData\CyberLock\DeveloperLog.log to see why an item was auto allowed, when you were not expecting that item to be auto allowed. CyberLock has many different "usability features" that automatically and safely allow items, to reduce unnecessary blocks as much as possible, and this includes the allow by parent process feature.

I hope this makes sense, if not, please let me know and I can think of another way to explain it. And if anyone is still having an issue with this feature, please let me know.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Download managers would also apply. Can you verify with your download manager, if you have one? Can you provide the "Last Snapshot Scan" time for WhitelistCloud on your system? It's consistently over 600 seconds here now, which is a significant increase from just a few seconds before. The most recent "Last Snapshot Scan" took over 900 seconds.

I'm slightly worried about this response: "Yeah, the only real way to fix this is to add them to the vulnerable apps list." I disabled the "Automatically allow by parent process" for CL to alert me about any file vulnerable apps run, whether or not they are on the list. The functionality of this feature is crucial to me since I don't use any antivirus.
I have my WLC scan set to every 15 min and its last scan was 59 seconds. I recall last time I looked (months+) scan was more like 10 sec, but that was on a different pc or vm.

Freki123

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
I recall last time I looked (months+) scan was more like 10 sec, but that was on a different pc or vm.
Now that you mention it: If my memory serves me right I had on my older way slower pc <10s (and it had about the exact same programs on it + -10%). And the size of the Whitelist was about the same (240).

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.