VoodooShield discussion

Discussion in 'VoodooShield' started by Evjl's Rain, Sep 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DotNet

DotNet Level 1

Sep 4, 2017
    USA
    Windows 10
    The event viewer had DHCP errors related to Mullvad. I already deleted all the logs & clean installed VS. If it occurs again I will post more details.

2. boredog

boredog Level 8

Jul 5, 2016
    Retired
    usa
    Windows 10
    Malwarebytes
    This morning after updating to the latest insider build and rebooting, VS crashed. All I had to do is restart it but my firewall log looked strange. Showed 6 connections for VS.

ScreenHunter_83 Nov. 24 08.33.jpg ScreenHunter_84 Nov. 24 08.37.jpg

3. danb

danb From VoodooShield
    Developer

May 31, 2017
    Overland Park, KS
    Windows 8.1
    Sorry I have been away ;). I am still reviewing what bugs are left in our error reporting system, and it looks like we are getting close... and I truly appreciate your guys help working through the beta with me... now that was not so bad was it ;).

The next few weeks, I am going to be busy with business stuff, but I will also be fixing any remaining bugs in 4.0... so I probably will not be able to post much for 3-4 weeks.

Hopefully soon every device will automatically lock when it is at risk ;).

Thank you guys, talk to you soon!

4. ColonelMal

ColonelMal Level 1

Jul 5, 2017
    USA
    Windows 10
    BitDefender
    In the last few hours there is a recurence of a problem that I had with previous builds of version 4. Currently I am running 4.12b.
    The problem is that one program, Directory Opus, freezes and I have to exit Voodooshield in order to make it work again. This was solved at some point after I installed a later beta.
    The particular program is shown in the Whitelist both as a Snapshot and as Auto Allowed.

5. danb

danb From VoodooShield
    Developer

May 31, 2017
    Overland Park, KS
    Windows 8.1
    Hmmm, odd... what is the path of Directory Opus?

6. ColonelMal

ColonelMal Level 1

Jul 5, 2017
    USA
    Windows 10
    BitDefender
    #1586 ColonelMal, Nov 26, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
    The paths shown in the Whitelist are "C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" and "C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopus.exe"

To add to my previous observation, if I recall the problem was solved at the other time after you fixed something on your server. May be a coincidence?

EDIT: I last reported the problem solved in September, in this posting in VoodooShield discussion

Gandalf_The_Grey likes this.
  7. danb

danb From VoodooShield
    Developer

May 31, 2017
    Overland Park, KS
    Windows 8.1
    It's hard to say... can you please post a link so I can download Opus, and any instructions that might help to reproduce the error? Thank you!

8. ColonelMal

ColonelMal Level 1

Jul 5, 2017
    USA
    Windows 10
    BitDefender
    #1588 ColonelMal, Nov 26, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
    The download page is here. I have the pro edition.

EDIT: The error occurs after I use DOPUS, switch to my browser (Firefox) and then return to DOPUS. It's possible that it could happen with other programs or sequences, but the one I described is definite and recurring. I guess one may have to find out what happened after version 4.05b when it was resolved, and of course why it has suddenly reappeared. It may be worth noting that I haven't installed anything (unless it was done in the background) before the reappearance of the issue..

shmu26 and Gandalf_The_Grey like this.
  9. _CyberGhosT_

_CyberGhosT_ Level 52
    Trusted

Aug 2, 2015
    Retired
    Central US
    Linux Mint
    Default-Deny
    @danb how many languages is VS currently in and whats plans for future translations ?
    I ask because I have Spanish and German friends that speak cleanly (clearly)

10. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Level 1

Sep 7, 2017
    USA
    Windows 7
    Microsoft
    Dan, I am still having the problem talked about in post #1501. I am now running v. 4.12b. I will continue to do so with the hope the problem will be seen by you. That problem now has something to do with TypeInitialization. I understand you will be gone for awhile so I will hang in there.

11. danb

danb From VoodooShield
    Developer

May 31, 2017
    Overland Park, KS
    Windows 8.1
    Thank you guys! I will look at these two issues and hope to have them fixed in the next few days.

At some point we will offer VS in other languages... possible sooner than later. A lot of things are up in the air right now, but I hope to be able to offer this soon.

Thanks again!

12. Silver0066

Silver0066 Level 1

Jan 1, 2016
    Palm Desert, CA
    VS v3.59 constantly exposes this LastPass popup everytime I start Chrome even though I tap Allow.

Voodoo Shield Stuck.png

Does anyone have a solution?

13. Opcode

Opcode Level 18
    Content Creator

Aug 17, 2017
    Caille
    Windows 10
    I don't know if VoodooShield does this automatically but check your white-list and if it isn't present there, white-list it.

Hector1 likes this.
  14. Telos

Telos Level 8

Jan 29, 2017
    Baana
    Use learning mode just prior to opening Chrome and then revert to your preferred mode. Does that help?

Gandalf_The_Grey, shmu26 and BryanB like this.
  15. boredog

boredog Level 8

Jul 5, 2016
    Retired
    usa
    Windows 10
    Malwarebytes
    I could be wrong but even though click allow, the file is unsigned. Maybe that is what VS flags it each time?

16. DotNet

DotNet Level 1

Sep 4, 2017
    USA
    Windows 10
    Running 4.0b12 for days now and not 1 issue. Nothing!

17. Sunshine-boy

Sunshine-boy Level 22

Apr 1, 2017
    IRAN
    Windows 10
    ESET
    #1597 Sunshine-boy, Dec 1, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
    Dan whats the voodoo shield solution for infected drivers?! I'm wondering how vs gonna save me from infected drivers xd?would be good if vs ask when a process want to load a diver?!can you do it?
    SecureAPlus already did it! also Dr.web BB can give you an alert! Same for comodo hips!

lowdetection likes this.
  18. danb

danb From VoodooShield
    Developer

May 31, 2017
    Overland Park, KS
    Windows 8.1
    I would love to discuss this... please post a specific attack and we can discuss!!!

BryanB and Sunshine-boy like this.
  19. Sunshine-boy

Sunshine-boy Level 22

Apr 1, 2017
    IRAN
    Windows 10
    ESET
    I download a software from somewhere:D But it's a zero-day malware -_- the VT show it as safe(or probably no one uploaded it to VT before) the software bundled with an infected driver!the user run the installer and vs tell you the EXE has 0% detection rate! or probably it will auto allow it(in autopilot mode)!

shmu26 likes this.
  20. boredog

boredog Level 8

Jul 5, 2016
    Retired
    usa
    Windows 10
    Malwarebytes
    Appears Dan has been banned from this forum too. At least that is what I heard as of today. Not sure the reason. But have a pretty good idea of some that had something to do with it. And so if this is true, Dan no longer has a forum we can go to. :cry:
    I am sure this will make the competitors a bit more happy. Hint Hint