VoodooShield discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
OS
Windows 10
The event viewer had DHCP errors related to Mullvad. I already deleted all the logs & clean installed VS. If it occurs again I will post more details.

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Malwarebytes
This morning after updating to the latest insider build and rebooting, VS crashed. All I had to do is restart it but my firewall log looked strange. Showed 6 connections for VS.

ScreenHunter_83 Nov. 24 08.33.jpg
ScreenHunter_84 Nov. 24 08.37.jpg

danb

From VoodooShield
Developer
Verified
OS
Windows 8.1
Sorry I have been away ;). I am still reviewing what bugs are left in our error reporting system, and it looks like we are getting close... and I truly appreciate your guys help working through the beta with me... now that was not so bad was it ;).

The next few weeks, I am going to be busy with business stuff, but I will also be fixing any remaining bugs in 4.0... so I probably will not be able to post much for 3-4 weeks.

Hopefully soon every device will automatically lock when it is at risk ;).

Thank you guys, talk to you soon!

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Bitdefender
In the last few hours there is a recurence of a problem that I had with previous builds of version 4. Currently I am running 4.12b.
The problem is that one program, Directory Opus, freezes and I have to exit Voodooshield in order to make it work again. This was solved at some point after I installed a later beta.
The particular program is shown in the Whitelist both as a Snapshot and as Auto Allowed.

danb

From VoodooShield
Developer
Verified
OS
Windows 8.1
In the last few hours there is a recurence of a problem that I had with previous builds of version 4. Currently I am running 4.12b.
The problem is that one program, Directory Opus, freezes and I have to exit Voodooshield in order to make it work again. This was solved at some point after I installed a later beta.
The particular program is shown in the Whitelist both as a Snapshot and as Auto Allowed.
Hmmm, odd... what is the path of Directory Opus?

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Bitdefender
Hmmm, odd... what is the path of Directory Opus?
The paths shown in the Whitelist are "C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" and "C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopus.exe"

To add to my previous observation, if I recall the problem was solved at the other time after you fixed something on your server. May be a coincidence?

EDIT: I last reported the problem solved in September, in this posting in VoodooShield discussion

Last edited:

danb

From VoodooShield
Developer
Verified
OS
Windows 8.1
The paths shown in the Whitelist are "C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" and "C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopus.exe"

To add to my previous observation, if I recall the problem was solved at the other time after you fixed something on your server. May be a coincidence?
It's hard to say... can you please post a link so I can download Opus, and any instructions that might help to reproduce the error? Thank you!

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Bitdefender
The download page is here. I have the pro edition.

EDIT: The error occurs after I use DOPUS, switch to my browser (Firefox) and then return to DOPUS. It's possible that it could happen with other programs or sequences, but the one I described is definite and recurring. I guess one may have to find out what happened after version 4.05b when it was resolved, and of course why it has suddenly reappeared. It may be worth noting that I haven't installed anything (unless it was done in the background) before the reappearance of the issue..

Last edited:
OS
Windows 7
Antivirus
Microsoft
Dan, I am still having the problem talked about in post #1501. I am now running v. 4.12b. I will continue to do so with the hope the problem will be seen by you. That problem now has something to do with TypeInitialization. I understand you will be gone for awhile so I will hang in there.

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Malwarebytes
I could be wrong but even though click allow, the file is unsigned. Maybe that is what VS flags it each time?

Sunshine-boy

Level 26
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
ESET
Dan whats the voodoo shield solution for infected drivers?! I'm wondering how vs gonna save me from infected drivers xd?would be good if vs ask when a process want to load a diver?!can you do it?
SecureAPlus already did it! also Dr.web BB can give you an alert! Same for comodo hips!

Last edited:

danb

From VoodooShield
Developer
Verified
OS
Windows 8.1
Dan whats the voodoo shield solution for infected drivers?! I'm wondering how vs gonna save me from infected drivers xd?would be good if vs ask when a process want to load a diver?!can you do it?
SecureAPlus already did it! also Dr.web BB can give you an alert! Same for comodo hips!
I would love to discuss this... please post a specific attack and we can discuss!!!

Sunshine-boy

Level 26
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
ESET
I download a software from somewhere:D But it's a zero-day malware -_- the VT show it as safe(or probably no one uploaded it to VT before) the software bundled with an infected driver!the user run the installer and vs tell you the EXE has 0% detection rate! or probably it will auto allow it(in autopilot mode)!

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Malwarebytes
Appears Dan has been banned from this forum too. At least that is what I heard as of today. Not sure the reason. But have a pretty good idea of some that had something to do with it. And so if this is true, Dan no longer has a forum we can go to. :cry:
I am sure this will make the competitors a bit more happy. Hint Hint

Status
Not open for further replies.