VoodooShield - Have you tried it? Would you recommended it?

Discussion in 'VoodooShield' started by Yash Khan, Jul 29, 2016.

?

Have you tried VoodooShield?

1. Yes, I'm still using it

60 vote(s)
    46.2%
  2. Yes, but I've uninstalled it

33 vote(s)
    25.4%
  3. No, I have never tried VoodooShield

33 vote(s)
    25.4%
  4. I will try it now!

4 vote(s)
    3.1%
  1. _CyberGhosT_

_CyberGhosT_ Level 52
    Trusted

Aug 2, 2015
    Retired
    Central US
    Linux Mint
    Default-Deny
    Reported / Blocked

Sr. Normal 2.0 and frogboy like this.
  2. davisd

davisd Level 9

Feb 2, 2016
    Latvia
    Windows 10
    G-Data
    #22 davisd, Jul 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
    lel, are you serious? :D Who's jumping on who? Look what you wrote in previous post, just plain rude, i hope you understand that. That wasn't constructive criticism about Voodooshield in any way. Nothing personal mate, i will just assume you're having a bad day o_O:rolleyes:;)

3. Trickster

Trickster Level 14

Jul 28, 2016
    Loving / caring Husband :)
    Europe
    Windows 10
    BullGuard
    everyone is entiteled to his or her own point of view , sometimes disscussions get overheated. but please keep civilized about it all. if someone does not like a product becuase of certain reasons please take the time to listen and let the speaker elaborate his point of view! we should be happy that @NullByte takes the trouble to make these videos ; there not only good for us users , but also for Dan the develloper its his chance to iron out the bugs and vunerabillities and make his product even better!!! please keep it up nullbyte , you have my support!! ;)

4. NullByte

NullByte Guest

I'm tired of saying the same things over and over again. I give up, it only makes MalwareTips look bad and here are some amazing people.

shukla44 and ZeroDay like this.
  5. SHvFl

SHvFl Level 32
    Content Creator Trusted

Nov 19, 2014
    Supermodel for McDonald's
    Europe
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    I am really puzzled on why we can't disagree without annoying each other. Ok people don't agree about a security software. So what, you can survive with the program or without the program so no reason to destroy the experience of all user visiting a topic.
    At the end mods will have to start censoring and closing topics like they do at the other forum and it will be bad for all. You would not be able to say a word offtopic making the whole forum experience sad.
    So everyone have a nice day and use the program you want and prefer. If you don't agree with someone mention it, or not, and move on. Take care guys.

I am off topic obviously so please move/remove this if you want.

6. Logethica

Logethica Level 12

Jun 24, 2016
    UK
    Windows 10
    .....I am looking forward to the stable 3. release of VS :)..
    Did I hear somebody say that there was a twitter post saying that it was going to be soon? (I don't Tweet)
    I haven't checked "the other" forum today...Is Vlad involved again yet?

7. Trickster

Trickster Level 14

Jul 28, 2016
    Europe
    Windows 10
    BullGuard
    vlad will have a look at the freezing issues that vs has so yes maybe we will be getting closer to a final realease :)

8. Logethica

Logethica Level 12

Jun 24, 2016
    UK
    Windows 10
    Great :).....
    Once the stable 3 is released perhaps we will see VS participate in Industry testing:)

9. Yash Khan

Yash Khan Level 51

Oct 22, 2012
    As per Dev on Wilders, AV-Comparatives is going to test VS.

10. Logethica

Logethica Level 12

Jun 24, 2016
    UK
    Windows 10
    Excellent :)
    I wonder how though :confused:.....Surely competing with AVs that have default settings will mean that VS blows the competition out of the water....Wont all the other competitors be using just "signature based definitions" in comparison to the trained VAI of VS?

11. Yash Khan

Yash Khan Level 51

Oct 22, 2012
    I have suggested Dev to remove not reputed/FPs prone AVs for Blacklist Scan And list AVs in the GUI...so that users can select/unselect AVs for detection (Dont know VT policy & could be done or not?).
    Dev is stabilizing/optimizing VS & looking into freeze issue some users are experiencing, Vlad is going to look into freeze issue soon. Once things are stable, we will see more features/options in VS as per Dev.

VAi - Safe/Suspicious/Unsafe verdict are there. Safe/Unsafe verdict works good.
    Suspicious verdict is kinda let users know VAi detected suspicious And think you can check VAi details on the popups. Some users may find it sensitive or think FPs But as mentioned its to let users know VAi detected suspicious And there is an option in the GUI to not alert for VAi Suspicious verdict.

12. BoraMurdar

BoraMurdar Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2012
    Doctor of medicine
    Serbia
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    Don't use words like "fanboys" , insult each other, or discuss about he said she said stories without argumentative support.
    A lot of words, sentences and posts needs to be corrected or deleted completely from the thread but I won't do it in this case.
    Healthy discussion is always welcomed, but please guys, be respectful to each other, stay on topic as much as possible and agree to disagree sometimes.

13. shmu26

shmu26 Level 53

Jul 3, 2015
    Utopia
    I am back onboard with Voodoo, after giving kaspersky's TAM another try. I like the fact that TAM is integrated with a major AV suite, but it is too glitchy and hard to manage, so I went back to Voodoo.

14. Evjl's Rain

Evjl's Rain Level 29
    Trusted AV Tester

Apr 18, 2016
    Vietnam
    Windows 8.1
    Avast
    I dont like TAM. It blocks all unsigned apps by default and it takes time to go through settings and allow them

15. Trickster

Trickster Level 14

Jul 28, 2016
    Europe
    Windows 10
    BullGuard
    sorry to ask this , but what is tam? ;) never heard of it!

16. davisd

davisd Level 9

Feb 2, 2016
    Latvia
    Windows 10
    G-Data
  17. Trickster

Trickster Level 14

Jul 28, 2016
    Europe
    Windows 10
    BullGuard
  18. TheMalwareMaster

TheMalwareMaster Level 19
    Trusted

Jan 4, 2016
    Europe
    Windows 10
    Default-Deny
    Good morning, how is VooDooshield whitelist? Does this software block a lot of legitimate programs?

shukla44, DardiM, Yash Khan and 2 others like this.
  19. shmu26

shmu26 Level 53

Jul 3, 2015
    Utopia
    depends how you use it.
    If you put it on autopilot, you risk certain legit software being blocked. So if you run a lot of niche software, don't do that
    Better to put it in smart mode. Then you will be asked whether to block, and you will be given smart info to help you make your decision.
    FYI in pro version, you can choose your preferred level, anywhere between reckless, balanced and paranoid

20. TheMalwareMaster

TheMalwareMaster Level 19
    Trusted

Jan 4, 2016
    Europe
    Windows 10
    Default-Deny
    By now I used it in autopilot, I will test it in smart mode after