1. bobby holla

bobby holla Level 2

Oct 30, 2014
    Oakdale, California US
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    Can someone here please advice me on best 3rd Party VPN Clients to use for my VPN connections. i have tried OpenVPN but it leaks DNS. I also received couple of suggestion about Ghost Path VPN & Viscosity which am not pretty sure how good and strong they are. i need suggestions.

DardiM and Yash Khan like this.
  2. Marko :)

Marko :) Level 10

Aug 12, 2015
    Croatia
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    Depends. Do you need free or paid VPN?

Yash Khan likes this.
  3. bobby holla

bobby holla Level 2

Oct 30, 2014
    Oakdale, California US
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    Sorry, i wrongfully submitted my thread before completing it and here is what i mean. the best VPN Clients.

Yash Khan likes this.
  4. DracusNarcrym

DracusNarcrym Level 19

Oct 16, 2015
    Greece
    Windows 10
    Comodo
    What @Marko :D said.

One of the most important factors about choosing a VPN is whether you are willing to pay for a VPN subscription or to use free versions of VPN software.

EDIT: My reply coincided with yours. *facepalm*

The absolute best according to popularity, are CyberGhost VPN and HotSpot Shield in my opinion.

There are other emerging ones as well, such as TunnelBear VPN and Trust.Zone VPN, however they are yet to reach the scale of the aforementioned 2 VPN kings.

Yash Khan and Marko :) like this.
  5. DardiM

DardiM Level 26
    Trusted AV Tester

May 14, 2016
    France
    Windows 10
    Kaspersky
    About OpenVPN, or other apps.
    Code:
    https://www.dnsleaktest.com/how-to-fix-a-dns-leak.html

6. Wave

Wave Guest

VPN Software like CyberGhost make use of OpenVPN technology, you know this right?

Yash Khan, BugCode and DardiM like this.
  7. beetal2015

beetal2015 Guest

Expresz VPN

Yash Khan likes this.
  8. gin

gin Level 5

Jan 16, 2014
    Windows 7
    ESET
    i recommended this
    Code:
    https://www.expressvpn.com

Yash Khan likes this.
  9. beetal2015

beetal2015 Guest

Express vpn provides facility to check DNS leaks.

Yash Khan likes this.
  10. bobby holla

bobby holla Level 2

Oct 30, 2014
    Oakdale, California US
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    Sorry Everyone. am actually looking for an OpenVPN Client alternative. reason why is because i have a subscription of ZorroVPN and ExpressVPN and i don't want to install their client separately. i need a VPN client like OpenVPN that can manage multiple VPN accounts. that is what i mean and hope you all get me right here?

11. BugCode

BugCode Level 10

Jan 9, 2017
    FireFighter
    Oeno Island
    Pretty much asked. This is not a adverticement, but just take opensource vpn where are most accurately preventing all dns leak fixes with is own client, of course you could use openvpn client too. But most comprehensive vpn is =>AirVPN - The air to breathe the real Internet

Yash Khan likes this.
  12. carsten ibsen

carsten ibsen Level 20

Sep 18, 2016
    retired
    denmark
    Windows 10
    Microsoft
    I recommend EkspressVPN or VyprVPN they are both on the expensive side but they are worth the money ,in my opinion,I use both services personally;)

Yash Khan likes this.
  13. sudo -i

sudo -i Level 4

Jan 17, 2017
    $
    Express VPN.

Yash Khan likes this.
  14. Lockdown

Lockdown From AppGuard
    Developer

Oct 24, 2016
    AppGuard LLC Virginia, U.S.
    @bobby holla - your best bet to get expert VPN advice is from @mirimir over at Wilders. I'm not sure how active he is on that forum.

Yash Khan likes this.
  15. Hanmin147

Hanmin147 Level 28

Jul 28, 2014
    Windows 10
    Avast
    This is an open source project run by the university, highly recommended because you can input different accounts into the same client
    Softether

bobby holla likes this.
  16. Lockdown

Lockdown From AppGuard
    Developer

Oct 24, 2016
    AppGuard LLC Virginia, U.S.
    #16 Lockdown, Feb 4, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
    As an alternative VPN it leaks. Privacy and anonymity measures were never implemented; the service is designed to encrypt traffic and bypass firewalls. Also, it is susceptible to Sybil attacks. Anyone can create a node and there are almost no validation checks. As an example, Peter can install SoftEther Server on "Pete's_PC" and put it out there as a node. Anyone know anything about Peter ?

Anyhow, there were problems with adding multiple accounts a while back. I read it on one of their forums. Maybe it has been fixed by now.

@Umbra uses it. And knowing how extremely picky he is about the softs that he uses, it is probably safe to say that SoftEther is worthwhile to take a "look-see."

Yash Khan and Umbra like this.
  17. Umbra

Umbra From Emsisoft
    Developer

May 16, 2011
    Community manager
    Vietnam & France
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    Yep, Softether with VPNGate integrated.

Some may point that VPNGate keeps logs, but which doesn't; it will be naive to think that VPN doesn't record them.

Yash Khan and bobby holla like this.
  18. Janl1992l

Janl1992l Level 9

Feb 14, 2016
    Germany
    Windows 10
    Avast
    Nothing todo with naive. I know for a fact that there are providers that does not log, like perfect-privacy. I meet the owner in germany and i can tell u that they does not logg at all and thats a fact. Same for Airvpn. But yes, most does log even when they say they dont log, like CyberGhost who got caught more than once logging and do some bad behavour like installing own root ca on your machine etc.

Yash Khan and Zero Knowledge like this.
  19. Zero Knowledge

Zero Knowledge Level 5

Dec 2, 2016
    Dark Cloud Universe
    Sorry but the native OpenVpn client does not leak dns. Your vpn provider has not set up the .opvn config files correctly.

BugCode and Yash Khan like this.
  20. bobby holla

bobby holla Level 2

Oct 30, 2014
    Oakdale, California US
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    Thank you Hanmin147. you answered my question and am going to check out Softether to see how it works.

Yash Khan likes this.