VPN Clients

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobby holla

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 30, 2014
Can someone here please advice me on best 3rd Party VPN Clients to use for my VPN connections. i have tried OpenVPN but it leaks DNS. I also received couple of suggestion about Ghost Path VPN & Viscosity which am not pretty sure how good and strong they are. i need suggestions.

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
What @Marko :D said.

One of the most important factors about choosing a VPN is whether you are willing to pay for a VPN subscription or to use free versions of VPN software.

EDIT: My reply coincided with yours. *facepalm*

The absolute best according to popularity, are CyberGhost VPN and HotSpot Shield in my opinion.

There are other emerging ones as well, such as TunnelBear VPN and Trust.Zone VPN, however they are yet to reach the scale of the aforementioned 2 VPN kings.

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
Can someone here please advice me on best 3rd Party VPN Clients to use for my VPN connections. i have tried OpenVPN but it leaks DNS. I also received couple of suggestion about Ghost Path VPN & Viscosity which am not pretty sure how good and strong they are. i need suggestions.
About OpenVPN, or other apps.
Code:
https://www.dnsleaktest.com/how-to-fix-a-dns-leak.html

bobby holla

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 30, 2014
Sorry Everyone. am actually looking for an OpenVPN Client alternative. reason why is because i have a subscription of ZorroVPN and ExpressVPN and i don't want to install their client separately. i need a VPN client like OpenVPN that can manage multiple VPN accounts. that is what i mean and hope you all get me right here?

F

ForgottenSeer 55474

I recommend EkspressVPN or VyprVPN they are both on the expensive side but they are worth the money ,in my opinion,I use both services personally;)

Reactions: Deleted member 2913

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
This is an open source project run by the university, highly recommended because you can input different accounts into the same client
Softether

Reactions: bobby holla

This is an open source project run by the university, highly recommended because you can input different accounts into the same client
Softether

As an alternative VPN it leaks. Privacy and anonymity measures were never implemented; the service is designed to encrypt traffic and bypass firewalls. Also, it is susceptible to Sybil attacks. Anyone can create a node and there are almost no validation checks. As an example, Peter can install SoftEther Server on "Pete's_PC" and put it out there as a node. Anyone know anything about Peter ?

Anyhow, there were problems with adding multiple accounts a while back. I read it on one of their forums. Maybe it has been fixed by now.

@Umbra uses it. And knowing how extremely picky he is about the softs that he uses, it is probably safe to say that SoftEther is worthwhile to take a "look-see."

Last edited by a moderator:

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
Some may point that VPNGate keeps logs, but which doesn't; it will be naive to think that VPN doesn't record them.
Nothing todo with naive. I know for a fact that there are providers that does not log, like perfect-privacy. I meet the owner in germany and i can tell u that they does not logg at all and thats a fact. Same for Airvpn. But yes, most does log even when they say they dont log, like CyberGhost who got caught more than once logging and do some bad behavour like installing own root ca on your machine etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.