Advice Request VPN,Proton vs Windscribe

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 65219
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

ForgottenSeer 65219

Thread author
Hi,
What you think about these 2 VPN Services ?
In my personal Experience Windscribe offer more locations and also better for Countries with censorship and DPI.
In other hand Proton significantly faster and offer more features like Secure Core ( additional protection against VPN server Compromise ) & Tor over VPN .

AlanOstaszewski

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 27, 2017
I never ever had problems with Windscribe. The free- are fast and the premium servers are even faster. Windscribe scores also better in all points of the comparison chart created by That One Privacy Guy (That One Privacy Site | VPN Section). This chart also says that Windscribe is safer(?). Maybe the "additional protection" of Proton is only marketing. You say that Proton offers more features. But let's be honest: Do you need them?

NikolayfromRussia

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Jul 3, 2014
Hi,
In my personal Experience Windscribe offer more locations and also better for Countries with censorship and DPI.
In other hand Proton significantly faster and offer more features like Secure Core ( additional protection against VPN server Compromise ) & Tor over VPN .

Never heard about Proton VPN. But what about privacy in ProtonVPN. Generally all vpn service say that they don't keep logs but they may in fact :) What about price? It is also important. Windscribe VPN offers a lifetime subscription at cheap price. What about support? Some vpn services have a really bad support. Windscribe has a good support. The owner of Windscribe is Yegor Sak, a nice guy.

F

ForgottenSeer 65219

Thread author
I never ever had problems with Windscribe. The free- are fast and the premium servers are even faster. Windscribe scores also better in all points of the comparison chart created by That One Privacy Guy (That One Privacy Site | VPN Section). This chart also says that Windscribe is safer(?). Maybe the "additional protection" of Proton is only marketing. You say that Proton offers more features. But let's be honest: Do you need them?

Never heard about Proton VPN. But what about privacy in ProtonVPN. Generally all vpn service say that they don't keep logs but they may in fact :) What about price? It is also important. Windscribe VPN offers a lifetime subscription at cheap price. What about support? Some vpn services have a really bad support. Windscribe has a good support. The owner of Windscribe is Yegor Sak, a nice guy.
Proton VPN is new product of Proton mail team (end to end encrypted mail)
They all say we don't keep logs but who can verify that :D
My main issue is speed and Proton VPN win in Download , Upload and Ping in my own tests.

Fritz

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 28, 2015
Proton is a new player, but profits from solid CERN expertise. The price is on the high end, but worth it considering the features. I'm sure it won't be oversold like with most of the cheap-o providers. Their e-mail service has also worked well so far, without any reported compromises like Hushmail e.g. PFS is a great feature. Switzerland isn't part of the Five Eyes either.

Windscribe is a great multi-purpose VPN, but incorporated in Canada for inexplicable reasons. Running perfectly fine for the time being, but Yegor keeps overselling with those lifetimes as standard and that is bound to come and bite him in the posterior at some point in time. A steady income is needed to pay for good servers and there is just no way around that.

NikolayfromRussia

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Jul 3, 2014
Proton VPN is new product of Proton mail team (end to end encrypted mail)
They all say we don't keep logs but who can verify that :D
My main issue is speed and Proton VPN win in Download , Upload and Ping in my own tests.

Last year in December I was at hard choice to buy a PureVPN lifetime or Windscribe VPN. What did I make? I bought both of them for $ 100 (it was a good offer plus I applied %20 discount coupon) :)

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Hi,
ProtonVPN's Secure Core is another name for double-hop which is available in Windscribe too

In ProtonVPN you can run double-hop in browsers without extensions like Brave, Epic Privacy Browser etc whilst Windscribe need its extension to run the double-hop feature. In Windscribe case you cannot use double-hop in browsers like Brave and Epic Privacy Browser which don't support extensions.

Last edited:

Fritz

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 28, 2015
Last year in December I was at hard choice to buy a PureVPN lifetime or Windscribe VPN. What did I make? I bought both of them for $ 100 (it was a good offer plus I applied %20 discount coupon) :)
Ah, another Stacksocial victim. :D Did exactly the same. For some reason, I collect VPNs like other folks stamps. Yes, I'm nuts. :p

NikolayfromRussia

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Jul 3, 2014
Ah, another Stacksocial victim. :D Did exactly the same. For some reason, I collect VPNs like other folks stamps. Yes, I'm nuts. :p

I bought only because they offered a lifetime plan. Otherwise I didn't ... I don't need to buy any vpn services indeed. I have a forum where we host VPN giveaways like MT does. They always give me a 1 year subscription for free as a gift. We have made: Cyberghost, Nord, Vypr, Le Vpn, ibvpn, Cactus, PIA, hidemyass Windscribe, Security Kiss, Vpn Master, Safer Vpn, HideIPvpn, Hideme.ru, worldVPN. Today we have closed RA4W VPN. I have just send an invitation to Proton VPN. Let' see what they say

F

ForgottenSeer 65219

Thread author
I bought only because they offered a lifetime plan. Otherwise I didn't ... I don't need to buy any vpn services indeed. I have a forum where we host VPN giveaways like MT does. They always give me a 1 year subscription for free as a gift. We have made: Cyberghost, Nord, Vypr, Le Vpn, ibvpn, Cactus, PIA, hidemyass Windscribe, Security Kiss, Vpn Master, Safer Vpn, HideIPvpn, Hideme.ru, worldVPN. Today we have closed RA4W VPN. I have just send an invitation to Proton VPN. Let' see what they say
Cool !

NikolayfromRussia

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Jul 3, 2014

We have also made for antivirus (KIS, Avast, dr web, trusport, esmsosft), programs like Revo, Total Uninstall Pro, hd sntinel... Honestly I am fed up doing them. For last 8 months we have made about 60 giveaways. Our forum is in Russian and it's big problem to bring vendors as all of them prefer English forums.

Fritz

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 28, 2015
We have also made for antivirus (KIS, Avast, dr web, trusport, esmsosft), programs like Revo, Total Uninstall Pro, hd sntinel... Honestly I am fed up doing them. For last 8 months we have made about 60 giveaways. Our forum is in Russian and it's big problem to bring vendors as all of them prefer English forums.
Well, 60 giveaways in 8 months don't sound like it was that much of a problem. :D

NikolayfromRussia

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Jul 3, 2014
Well, 60 giveaways in 8 months don't sound like it was that much of a problem. :D

It is not easy believe me. Ja, ja, naturlich...zu schwer :) Because I was alone to do everything. Contacting the vendors, arranging a landing page, choosing the winners. Here on MT exterminator, boramudar and Jack deal with it togehter

Fritz

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 28, 2015
It is not easy believe me. Ja, ja, naturlich...zu schwer :) Because I was alone to do everything. Contacting the vendors, arranging a landing page, choosing the winners. Here on MT exterminator, boramudar and Jack deal with it togehter
Yes, of course. It is a lot of work and doing it all by yourself doesn't make it any easier. I wish I could help you, but my Russian comes down to да and нет and ends at Спасибо. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.