Advice Request VPN,Proton vs Windscribe

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 65219
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NikolayfromRussia

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Jul 3, 2014
Yes, of course. It is a lot of work and doing it all by yourself doesn't make it any easier. I wish I could help you, but my Russian comes down to да and нет and ends at Спасибо. :p

I was good at German when I was at school. I still remember many German words (some problem with grammar) but it is not enough to speak/write German well

.View attachment 165039
i never use them, just in case of netflix or another page streaming portal.
right now Licenses working , But I feel a lot of slowdown in my wifi .
I would like to know who is more transparent on the image

Cactus VPN is a Moldovan VPN service. It is a nice service but hasn't many servers. As I remember they offer only 6 countries.
Ibvpn is a Romanian service. A nice service, a very fast connection speed, many servers.
NordVPN is a service based in Panama. It has many servers but most of them are overloaded. In my opinion is the most trustable service that doesn't keep logs.
VPN master is an US service. But according to users comments is bad. No free trial, bad support and server speed is bad.
SecurityKiss is an old service. As I remember found in Ireland. Not bad service.
SaferVPN based in Israel. The users say that it is not reliable because they record the user activity (IPs).
Keypard is also from Moldova. I used it about 4 years. No bad it was. But offers a limited number of servers

Fritz

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 28, 2015
I was good at German when I was at school. I still remember many German words (some problem with grammar) but it is not enough to speak/write German well
Just like my French, it's a bit rusty as well. :D

NordVPN is a service based in Panama. It has many servers but most of them are overloaded. In my opinion is the most trustable service that doesn't keep logs.
Completely agree! :)

F

ForgottenSeer 65219

Thread author
there is any real testimony of use in protonVPN?
They are new in VPN area but team do well in Proton Mail.
If you want to know who keep logs,that's not possible. one mate in this thread said that check FAQ and Privacy policy.It's equal of Belief in santa :) no vendor say "we sell your info - cooperate with government and sell our souls too :D "
In case of speed, ProtonVPN use 10Gb nodes unlike most of services that use 1Gb nodes in server end. my personal Experience show zero drop in speed and increase of Ping.
But I'm here to hear others opinion ! :)

NikolayfromRussia

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Jul 3, 2014
I'm very surprised.NIKOLAY Thank you very much for your written time & every part of the information you gave me..

You are welcome. All these vpn servers have good/bad sides. I don't know about privacy they say. All of them say no logs I can't verify if it so. If a vpn company based or has severs in US I wouldn't trust it for privacy.

eXDj

Level 12
Verified
Aug 2, 2015
I began to lose my patience with windscribe,I also emailed the administrator but still for nothing !
When i start chrome x64 beta in win 10 x64 with windcribe activate (ver.2.1) start page not start ex. google.com but what's worse than this logging page appears :
F_r_titlu.png

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
Hi,
What you think about these 2 VPN Services ?
In my personal Experience Windscribe offer more locations and also better for Countries with censorship and DPI.
In other hand Proton significantly faster and offer more features like Secure Core ( additional protection against VPN server Compromise ) & Tor over VPN .

I have been a proud user of Windscribe for a long time. In fact, I was using their free service for well over a year with 50 GB of free bandwidth prior to fully committing with their Pro service. In fact, I am a lifetime subscriber to Windscribe Pro. I would highly advise you to look at Windscribe's comparison charts that they have with every VPN service that is currently popular in the market. I believe Windscribe is quite great! Having an adblock, tracker blocker, cruise control, P2P, double VPN, stealth mode and log-less to name major benefits of Windscribe is great! I believe Windscribe puts the rest of their major competition to same with these features users to use at their benefit.

If you can use their 50-60 GB promotion codes to your benefit I would give Windscribe a test drive! I firmly believe you will like their service. The free version is limited to only 8 locations, but the Pro version hsa 45 locations and unlimited bandwidth. As others have mentioned on this forum Stacksocial is a great place to get this VPN with a lifetime subscription that will pay off quite fast!

~Lightning_Brian

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
I began to lose my patience with windscribe,I also emailed the administrator but still for nothing !
When i start chrome x64 beta in win 10 x64 with windcribe activate (ver.2.1) start page not start ex. google.com but what's worse than this logging page appears :
F_r_titlu.png
Hello @eXDj ! I have had this issue in the past. My resolution: I disabled the add-on in Google Chrome and removed it from Google Chrome. From there, I went out to Windscribe's website and re-downloaded the add-on. Bam! That fixed the issue right then and there. Let me know if this helps you as well!

I have had to do this with FireFox as well. I think something falls out of sync with the add-on and it doesn't get updated properly or the credentials that is typed into Windscribe's add-on somehow gets 'lost'. In either case, I have had much success with the steps mentioned above.

Sincerely,

Lightning_Brian

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
I have windscribe lifetime account and i am very happy with them fast support, many locations etc. I heart about protonvpn but never tried it.

@antreas I also have a Windscribe lifetime account. I'm quite pleased with how responsive the support team is to any and all of my requests. In addition to this, I haven't heard much about Proton's VPN service as it is quite new to me and I haven't had a chance to try it. Right now, I'm really liking Windscribe's VPN service.

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
there is any real testimony of use in protonVPN?

@monsterturckpa Good question! I'm having a hard time finding any reviews out there for Proton's VPN service.

I have found the following external reviews (hopefully it is ok to post external reviews) through vpnmentor.com, but the reviews are not quite extensive:

ProtonVPN Reviews 2017 - Why 4.1 Stars?

Below is TechRadar's review of protonvpn:

ProtonVPN review | TechRadar

In conclusion, I believe much of the reviews are disappointing compared to Windscribe's offerings. With this being said, the service is new and is bound to grow and evolve as time progresses on. However, this is only in my humble opinion.

~Lightning_Brian

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
Hi.
both of them are great,I can't said which one is better!
but nothing, test both of them and choose the faster one :)
for me:
Proton is faster,But Windscribe has more servers ...

eXDj

Level 12
Verified
Aug 2, 2015
Hello @eXDj ! I have had this issue in the past. My resolution: I disabled the add-on in Google Chrome and removed it from Google Chrome. From there, I went out to Windscribe's website and re-downloaded the add-on. Bam! That fixed the issue right then and there. Let me know if this helps you as well!

I have had to do this with FireFox as well. I think something falls out of sync with the add-on and it doesn't get updated properly or the credentials that is typed into Windscribe's add-on somehow gets 'lost'. In either case, I have had much success with the steps mentioned above.

Sincerely,

Lightning_Brian
NO,problem persists and from windscribe site redirect to chrome webstore,and another "bug" it is in conflict with adguard extension and "new tab redirect" :(

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
NO,problem persists and from windscribe site redirect to chrome webstore,and another "bug" it is in conflict with adguard extension and "new tab redirect" :(

That is a bummer @eXDj . Windscribe will re-direct you to this website: Windscribe - Free VPN and Ad Block

The link located above is for the official Windscribe - VPN and Ad Block extension. As for the 'bug' or the conflict in regards to Adguard... I cannot comment on how to resolve this as I do not currently use Adguard. I would imagine that you could white-list Windscribe within the application. Perhaps someone else could confirm this?

Let me know how everything goes.

~Lightning_Brian

eXDj

Level 12
Verified
Aug 2, 2015
I wait update from dev.problem is windscribe,when stop i dont see login for windscribe servers !

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
I wait update from dev.problem is windscribe,when stop i dont see login for windscribe servers !

@eXDj If you don't mind try cleaning out your browsing data from Chrome. Please note this will clean everything out relly good so take note of this. I have had some problems with certain add-ons not playing nice and after cleaning out browsing data this fixed things for me. However, I would advise to wait for a response from a dev. at Windscribe as well. They will have a better idea about this or if the problem is more wide spread.

Reactions: eXDj
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.