Advice Request VPN renewal or ditch? [Poll]

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Are you going to renew your VPN subscription?

• Total voters

Slerion

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2016
I currently have an active subscription on NordVPN & will defiantly renew when the time comes.(y):giggle:
Ye i have a nord sub too ( I have atm surfshark , nord , ivacy , unlimited and more ), nord would be great if they would support Ipv6 or atleast handle IPV6 like surfshark does...
like parsec doesnt work with nord cause nord blocks any IPV6 surfshark somehoe allows Local Ipv6 connection so parsec works.

weirdly i tried bullet VPN and it works pretty good 250 mbit speed , their wireguard implementation also can connect to problematic programs like mullvad where nord and surfshark cant connect .

Reactions: Nevi

blackice

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Ha, funny looking back on this. I voted I’d definitely resubscribe, but ended up cancelling. I don’t really need a vpn.

Reactions: Nevi

Templarware

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Mar 13, 2021
VPNs are only worth it if you need to access stuff locked to your country. For security purposes, it's not necessary. I'm using NextDNS, I feel no need for a VPN, if I want to "change my location", I use the one built in in Opera GX.

n8chavez

Level 17
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
VPNs are only worth it if you need to access stuff locked to your country. For security purposes, it's not necessary. I'm using NextDNS, I feel no need for a VPN, if I want to "change my location", I use the one built in in Opera GX.

Yeah....that might not be the best idea knowingly using a vpn owned by a Chinese company, which is what Opera is. (I miss Opera Presto.)

Reactions: Nevi and Kongo

n8chavez

Level 17
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
Opera is headquartered in Norway and obeys Norwegian privacy laws.

Kind of. Opera is a Norwegian company owned by a Chinese group. Regardless, I wouldn't trust a VPN that transports private data in anything China were involved. They are the reason some in that area need a VPN in the first place.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Opera is headquartered in Norway and obeys Norwegian privacy laws.
Kind of. Opera is a Norwegian company owned by a Chinese group. Regardless, I wouldn't trust a VPN that transports private data in anything China were involved. They are the reason some in that area need a VPN in the first place.
You're both half right. The name "Opera" actually refers to two separate companies. Opera Norway AS is the Norway-based company and handles all data from users living in the European Economic Area. Those using Opera products outside of the EEA have their data handled by Opera Unite Pte. Ltd, which is headquartered in Singapore. Both use the moniker "Opera" interchangeably and both operate under very different data privacy laws.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.