Advice Request VPN renewal or ditch? [Poll]

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Are you going to renew your VPN subscription?

• Total voters

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
Windscribe lifetime user here.
Bought cheap lifetime access to Windscribe few years ago so I don't really consider changing it to anything else - especially because I barely use and if I do it's only to access geo restricted content.
I don't really consider VPN as a "must have".

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
I'm using my VPN on-demand only for special cases, I have been almost always chosen a partially "free" VPN like Windscribe (50GB free per month) or I was just lucky and got one VPN license (1 year/1 device) from giveaways like recently for F-Secure Freedome VPN.

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
Free tiers make me wonder if they start selling your data.
Paid air
Paid doesn't guarantee your data isn't being sold and free doesn't guarantee it is.

As for the thread question, for me there's no sub to renew. I don't use a VPN very much but when I do it's mainly to bypass geo restriction (Proton free) or very, very occasionally for, ahem, torrenting, when I use my lifetime free 50gb per month Windscribe licence.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.