Request Help Vulnerability (Intel-SA-00086) Help

OS
Windows 10
I found a video about a Major exploit out at the moment for some Motherboards like mine. Here is a link to the Video on ThioJoe's channel.

upload_2017-12-4_0-22-53.png

Hi I looked on Gigabytes's website and can't find where to download the new drivers. I downloaded a software called "GIGABYTE Download Center" and it says there is no outdated drivers found even though it says I am at risk in the screenshot above. Can someone please link me to the driver updater, Thanks in advance. :)

Lockdown

From AppGuard
Developer
I found a video about a Major exploit out at the moment for some Motherboards like mine. Here is a link to the Video on ThioJoe's channel.

View attachment 175091

Hi I looked on Gigabytes's website and can't find where to download the new drivers. I downloaded a software called "GIGABYTE Download Center" and it says there is no outdated drivers found even though it says I am at risk in the screenshot above. Can someone please link me to the driver updater, Thanks in advance. :)
They haven't published a new driver yet.

It's the same with virtually everybody else's drivers.

roger_m

Level 16
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Panda
I had no idea that guy was making legit videos now. I blocked his channel on YouTube long ago, due to all the stupid scam videos he was making, so have not seen a video of his for quite some time. I'll keep him blocked, due to his old videos.

DeepWeb

Level 12
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Emsisoft
Wait for your OEM to release an update. Usually IME comes bundled in the form of a BIOS update so I would keep my eyes on that and perhaps follow this thread. I would really not try to flash anything other than what the manufacturer has released and approved because code like the one in ME can brick your system.
Intel Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware & System Tools

Vasudev

Level 23
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Microsoft
They haven't published a new driver yet.

It's the same with virtually everybody else's drivers.
Wait for your OEM to release an update. Usually IME comes bundled in the form of a BIOS update so I would keep my eyes on that and perhaps follow this thread. I would really not try to flash anything other than what the manufacturer has released and approved because code like the one in ME can brick your system.
Intel Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware & System Tools
Drivers simply won't fix the issue. You need wither FW upgrade or BIOS w/ ME update for the exploit to be fixed. If newer drivers for MEI aren't available on OEM site then disable(even setting to manual will do) MEI services like Intel Dynamic app. loader, Intel Management and Security Application Local Management Service for added protection.

Latest Threads