Troubleshoot Vulnerability (Intel-SA-00086) Help

Andrew999

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
I found a video about a Major exploit out at the moment for some Motherboards like mine. Here is a link to the Video on ThioJoe's channel.

upload_2017-12-4_0-22-53.png

Hi I looked on Gigabytes's website and can't find where to download the new drivers. I downloaded a software called "GIGABYTE Download Center" and it says there is no outdated drivers found even though it says I am at risk in the screenshot above. Can someone please link me to the driver updater, Thanks in advance. :)

I found a video about a Major exploit out at the moment for some Motherboards like mine. Here is a link to the Video on ThioJoe's channel.

View attachment 175091

Hi I looked on Gigabytes's website and can't find where to download the new drivers. I downloaded a software called "GIGABYTE Download Center" and it says there is no outdated drivers found even though it says I am at risk in the screenshot above. Can someone please link me to the driver updater, Thanks in advance. :)

They haven't published a new driver yet.

It's the same with virtually everybody else's drivers.

Upvote 0

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I had no idea that guy was making legit videos now. I blocked his channel on YouTube long ago, due to all the stupid scam videos he was making, so have not seen a video of his for quite some time. I'll keep him blocked, due to his old videos.

Upvote 0

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Wait for your OEM to release an update. Usually IME comes bundled in the form of a BIOS update so I would keep my eyes on that and perhaps follow this thread. I would really not try to flash anything other than what the manufacturer has released and approved because code like the one in ME can brick your system.
Intel Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware & System Tools

Upvote 0

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
They haven't published a new driver yet.

It's the same with virtually everybody else's drivers.

Wait for your OEM to release an update. Usually IME comes bundled in the form of a BIOS update so I would keep my eyes on that and perhaps follow this thread. I would really not try to flash anything other than what the manufacturer has released and approved because code like the one in ME can brick your system.
Intel Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware & System Tools
Drivers simply won't fix the issue. You need wither FW upgrade or BIOS w/ ME update for the exploit to be fixed. If newer drivers for MEI aren't available on OEM site then disable(even setting to manual will do) MEI services like Intel Dynamic app. loader, Intel Management and Security Application Local Management Service for added protection.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.