Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
did someone tried it? i used this feature and i saw no improvement

iPanik

Feb 28, 2011
It was made with netbooks in mind, when you only have 1GB of ram and limited storage. Having the ability to store the most used data on a USB drive is a desired feature. But if you have 2GB+ RAM then it doesn't give much.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
it's good, but it for users just have 2GB ram or less
but for 2GB or more don't need it

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
You're wrong win7, If you're using RAM heavy applications and multitasks a lot, ReadyBoost can help your PC to run much faster,

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
BoXX28 said:
You're wrong win7, If you're using RAM heavy applications and multitasks a lot, ReadyBoost can help your PC to run much faster,

no LOL
if have 4GB ram, not need use readyboost :cool:
you know, 3D apps just use max is 1,8GB and video editing 1GB max (for 64bit)
you can think it ;)

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
It's not limited to Graphic,Video and Audio editing software, What about the Gamers and the Multitasking Users? Please keep in mind that some browsers can use more RAM than usual such as Firefox's Memory usage going over gigabytes.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
BoXX28 said:
such as Firefox's Memory usage going over gigabytes.

maybe it's a bug error or some error on firefox :)
my firefox is 250MB usage of ram
opened 6 tabs

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
It may not go over the gigabytes for us but think about the other users that experiences this problem. ReadyBoost can help them, ;)

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
BoXX28 said:
It may not go over the gigabytes for us but think about the other users that experiences this problem. ReadyBoost can help them, ;)

yep, like i said before, need it when just have 2GB ram or less ;)

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
BoXX28 said:
You forgot about the Heavy Gamers and Multitasking users. :p

gamers..? their will think for it
must have core i5 or high like core i7 with 8GB or more
and with great VGA card

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
The USB stick that ReadyBoost uses will never be faster than your RAM but it might be faster than your HDD when it comes to random access times and this is why you might actually see a slight overall performance improvement. However this depends on the stick you are using (not all USB sticks are compatible) and to be honest it is much better to add more RAM than use ReadyBoost. It will also shorten the life of your USB stick. So it might be helpful on notebooks: laptop RAM is more expensive, HDD might be slow.
See ReadyBoost on Wikipedia and ReadyBoost works, but not a miracle (the article is a bit old).

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
ReadyBoost would only bring significant benefits if you are running on the bare minimum OS requirements, see:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReadyBoost#Performance

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/features/readyboost

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
BoXX28 said:
Adding RAM will always be my first choice instead of using ReadyBoost.

and why you were saying readyboost would speed up windows, Boxx?
like i said.. add more ram, if have lot money upgrade processor on desktop only :cool:
i just need add more ram (8GB) it will run blaziiinngg fasstt :D

stormgtr said:
ReadyBoost would only bring significant benefits if you are running on the bare minimum OS requirements, see:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReadyBoost#Performance

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/features/readyboost

yep, it right
like i said, use readyboost ,
if just have 2GB of ram or less :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.