wacek_1984 config

wacek_1984

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 20, 2015
I still need to buy Shadow defender, but if someone know better software please post ;)

Also if someone have any suggestion please post it. Atm i looking for good backup software.

Thanks!

Reactions: tonibalas and amz

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Try sandboxie as your alternative case if you are relying to test some software and isolating any changes when browsing.

Reactions: tonibalas and scot

Sasa

Level 2
Verified
Sep 1, 2014
Good config

about BlackHawk you might want to watch out
Blackhawk.PNG
BLack hawk.PNG

Reactions: tonibalas
H

hjlbx

Hello wacek_1984,

These are just my suggestions:

As jamescv7 points out...evaluate Sandboxie on your system. Sandboxie has the advantage of blocking the installation of drivers plus the ability to enforce low access permissions for any apps running in the sandbox.

On my system SBIE has always been problematic so I do not use it any longer. It may turn out to be your best app - so try it out!

I use Emsisoft Internet Security and Shadow Defender on a regular basis for both beta and malware testing...and I have had no need for VM...but that is solely my choice. This setup works very well for me.

You ask about a Shadow Defender alternative. I suppose the closest (English) equivalent is Returnil. If you happen to read Korean (no English version), then there is DiskShot...which, from what I can tell, quite honestly is a bit superior to Shadow Defender.

As far as backup...I suggest Macrium Reflect.

You will get a lot of other feedback here. Everyone has their favorite apps.

Really, there is no substitute for evaluating apps on your own system; what works very well for me might not for you.

Reactions: jamescv7 and scot

wacek_1984

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 20, 2015
Thanks for all reply!

Sandboxie it's a little expensive atm for me, but now i see it's a great promo for 3pc lifetime for 50$

I know DishShot but i don't speak/read korean, waiting for translation ;)

Thanks for backup suggetion, atm i test Keriver Free.

H

hjlbx

There is a free version of Macrium Reflect...

There is a free version of Sandboxie...

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
My suggestion is to add a Mozilla based browser in case you have a problem with chromium browsers
Thanks for sharing your config

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I would agree with recommendations posted already. Thanks for sharing your config :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.