Solved Wacky Layout In Youtube- Every Browser!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
When I visit youtube this is what I get:
upload_2014-6-8_11-14-59.png

The layout is all messed up and videos don't play.
Does anyone else have this problem? I resetted Firefox, reinstalled Firefox, cleared all cache and cookies, restarted in safe mode, and tried in IE, Chrome, Opera, Maxthon, Comodo Icedragon, and Avant (all engines). Each display the same thing! Is anyone else experiencing the same problems?

The search page:
upload_2014-6-8_11-20-5.png

The video page:
upload_2014-6-8_11-20-31.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
Everyone, is ESET parental control the answer? Right after I enabled ESET parental control for HTTPS I have broken layout.

Yep, it is. I need parental control, though

Upvote 0

Mateotis

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2014
How quick YT loads for you? Is it only for YT?

Pages like those you showed can be caused by excessively slow loading times when some of the HTML won't even load, just pure text.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
Upvote 0

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
I've had this happen with different sites but haven't figured out what is causing it.

Upvote 0

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
ESET Parental Control is the whole problem:(. Disable Parental Control by going to Setup>Parental Control>Click on Enabled. Hopefully this helps:)
Also, go to about:config and search: browser.display.show_image_placeholders. Turn it to false. This might help too.

Upvote 0

DaZa9

Level 8
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
Working well here on ultra-low download speed (Opera), are you running Emsisoft (I'm not too sure about their new icon) and ESET?
  • Try to disable any active web protection modules.
  • Try to use VPN or proxy
  • Try other browser

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
Upvote 0

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
Working well here on ultra-low download speed (Opera), are you running Emsisoft (I'm not too sure about their new icon) and ESET?
  • Try to disable any active web protection modules.
  • Try to use VPN or proxy
  • Try other browser
Yes about Emsisoft and ESET. I set up exceptions for both of them, and Emsisoft is supposed to work with other AV.
Your first tip worked! ESET was causing the problem. Thanks a lot DaZa9!;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.