WaGi Coding's IP-Blacklister (Windows Firewall)

bobdoe

Level 2
Thread author
Oct 10, 2020
Found this while browing Oldergeeks and I'm trying it out with Dshield list... seems to be working seamlessly so far. Any red flags? Is that default list (https://lists.blocklist.de/lists/all.txt) trustworthy?

About:
"I had to automatically block a mass of IP-Addresses. I did it with a simple Batch script first, but hell that was taking about 2 hours every time for 20k IPs, so i decided to create this app after realizing the creating of rules is much much faster that way.

What is this Application for?

• Blocking a mass of IPs through the Windows Firewall
  • Block IPs from a List
  • Interval based Blocking IPs from List
  • Being faster(5 seconds instead of 2h with batch script)
How it works?

• It splits the IPs from the left Textbox into 10k lists and makes 1 Firewall Rule per 10k IPs. (Depends on the OS Version)"

sshot-2023-02-24-00-27-56.jpg

Last edited:

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Based on the information provided, there do not appear to be any red flags or security concerns with using WaGi Coding's IP-Blacklister. However, the trustworthiness of the default list (https://lists.blocklist.de/lists/all.txt) will depend on the specific needs and preferences of the user. It is always recommended to use reputable sources for IP blacklists and to carefully review the list before implementing it. Additionally, it is important to note that the effectiveness of IP blacklisting may vary and should not be relied upon as the sole defense against malicious activity.

• +Reputation
Reactions: bobdoe and Jack

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.