Malwarebytes Free, Norton Power Eraser, Emsisoft Emergency Kit
Malware sample testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Brower : Brave Browser
VidIQ, µBlock Origin, HTTPS Everywhere
Maintenance tools
Ccleaner,Privazer , DriverBooster, NVIDIA Geforce Experience
File and Photo backup
Cloud (MEGA, pCloud with encrypted file)
System recovery
AOMEI
Risk factors
    • Gaming
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
    • Downloading malware samples
    • Browsing to unknown / untrusted / shady sites
    • Working from home
Computer specs
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X (Overclocked)
MSI B450M Bazooka v2
PNY GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6Go Overclocked
G.Skill RipJawks 2400Mhz 2x8Go
AMD WraitSpire
SSD MVNE Crucial 1To
SSHD Segate Firecuda 1To
Corsair 450W
Notable changes
AOMEI installed
Cloud added

Update my GTX
Antivirus remplaced
Modified Browser
Dashline
Qwant

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
@Warball Communauty:

In System Backup, You may add Macrium Reflect Free or AOEMI Backupper, both are free and reliable.

In Data BackUp, consider also to run manual backups of important data to external devices, and/or in cloud services.

Please kindly reflect Your changes editing Your config, and announcing them here, thanks for sharing :)

Last edited:

Warball Communauty

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 20, 2020
@Warball Communauty

In System Backup, You may add Macrium Reflect Free or AOEMI Backupper, both are free and reliable.

In Data BackUp, consider also to run manual backups of important data to external devices, and/or in cloud services.

Please kindly reflect Your changes editing Your config, and announcing them here, thanks for sharing :)

Cloud I back up only if it's important like videos or other sensitive data.

For AOMEI, I will try it ;)

Warball Communauty

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 20, 2020
On Comodo FW, which Mode and which HIPS mode?

Comodo in proactive mode and HIPS in secure mode

200221015737412388.png

200221015737515038.png

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
Trend micro and Comodo is an attack surface nightmare just read research from project zero or from any other researchers about the attack surface of both products.

Warball Communauty

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 20, 2020
Trend micro and Comodo is an attack surface nightmare just read research from project zero or from any other researchers about the attack surface of both products.

I know but I have always appreciated these 2 products :)
Trend Micro has really excellent protection (and bought cheap) and Comodo has been following me for many years.

Chri.Mi

Level 7
Well-known
Apr 30, 2020
If u dont rely on comodo cause it whitelist malware, instead of use paranoid hips (more powerfull and more hard to manage), is not better to disable comodo cloud look up (or how is called) , so u can check yourself all unrecognized programs? In this way all safe classified by u (and not comodo) will be allow to run without create many rules for single program.

Warball Communauty

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 20, 2020
If u dont rely on comodo cause it whitelist malware, instead of use paranoid hips (more powerfull and more hard to manage), is not better to disable comodo cloud look up (or how is called) , so u can check yourself all unrecognized programs? In this way all safe classified by u (and not comodo) will be allow to run without create many rules for single program.

I don't use the Comodo Cloud, I file it myself.
Not long ago, Comodo sandboxed my VPN (Surfshark), I had to create rules because unknown in the Cloud. :/

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.