Advice Request Watch the Leaked Windows 8.1 Update 1 RTM Escrow in Action – Video

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011

A new build of Windows 8.1 Update 1 that’s allegedly called RTM Escrow has leaked yesterday, so we can finally have a glimpse into the feature lineup of the upcoming OS update.

As I reported to you yesterday, the new release indeed makes boot-to-desktop a default feature in Windows 8.1 Update 1, but only when running on non-touch devices. Microsoft hasn’t confirmed it yet, but it’s possible to keep this option turned off on tablet PCs, such as its own Surface Pro 2.

At the same time, as you can see in this video uploaded by Bavo Luysterborg on YouTube, Microsoft has also renamed SkyDrive to Onedrive in this new build and implemented some new animations for Metro apps that bring them in line with traditional desktop software.

Read more: http://news.softpedia.com/news/Watch-Windows-8-1-Update-1-RTM-Escrow-in-Action-Video-425166.shtml

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I cant see how this will not make it easier for those that find it difficult to navigate Windows 8

I

illumination

I talked a 70 year old retired man into ditching his old vista system, and moving to windows 8.1 "of course i had to teach him how to get around", but once he learned, he swears he could never go back to vista, he loves it. He was actually afraid to do so at first because he had "heard" so many bad things about it. The biggest problem with most, is the complete lack of interest in change, the lack of interest in having to learn something.. Windows 8.1 is not hard to get around in by any means, it basically functions like all the other OS's, other then the start page "apps"..

With his system, i set it to boot from desktop, then took all his favorite programs that we installed, went to file location, and sent them to desktop for shortcuts. I then created a "Godmode" folder for quick access to everything else on the desktop, and he is happy as can be, gets around no problem. The fact that it starts up so fast and shuts down the same, makes this even more appealing to him.

As for the changes coming in this update, i think it simplifies even more so, what has been started to an extent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.