Advice Request Watchdog Antimalware 4.0 - Feedback / Suggestions / Feature requests

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Watchdog

From Watchdog
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Oct 7, 2021
Hello Everyone,

We've just started to be active on this forum and we would like to take this opportunity to invite all of the members to try out our Watchdog Anti-malware and provide us with feedback and suggestions on improvements.

So let's start:

1. Download our product from our website: Anti-Malware | WATCHDOG | Advanced Cybersecurity Solutions
2. Watchdog Anti-Malware downloaded and once installed 15-days fully functional free trial starts
3. Feel free to use this key to activate the premium version if you want to: MTIPS-TFSR-3880-8840

When commenting on this topic please start with SUGGESTION or FEEDBACK or FEATURE REQUEST at the beginning of your post, depending on what your post is about.
This is very important for us since it will help us to treat correctly the information properly when we collect it.

Your opinion matters so help us to make great anti-malware software!
Thank you in advance!

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
FEEDBACK

Hows the team behind this product? How many employees do you have? Zemana was huge let down, so im not sure what to think about this product

Yearly plan is pretty costly, comparing to other antivirus solutions .. someone said g2a will offer 17usd lifetime keys , have not checked the g2a yet though

Ill wish all the best and , now its time to call @Shadowra ...you know what to do

Watchdog

From Watchdog
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Oct 7, 2021
FEEDBACK

Hows the team behind this product? How many employees do you have? Zemana was huge let down, so im not sure what to think about this product

Yearly plan is pretty costly, comparing to other antivirus solutions .. someone said g2a will offer 17usd lifetime keys , have not checked the g2a yet though

Ill wish all the best and , now its time to call @Shadowra ...you know what to do
Yeah, special shout-out to @Shadowra for his great video and detailed feedback, we will wait more from him on this topic too.

Back to your q:
Watchdog is a company based in USA, founded by couple of great guys who were in ESD business for the past 20 years.

In size, we are still considered as SMB or start-up with less than 50 employees, advisors and contributors with growth tendency.

Our development team has been assembled from highly experienced guys with strong background in AV industry.

We are aware about flaws of our products and we tend to these imprefections with our full efforts.

Our presence on this forum is founded by the desire to listen to your advices and suggestions, and to oblige accordingly as much as we can.

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

The website is not adblocker friendly.
If someone is using ublock for example they are unable to download any software has it breaks the download button.
Works fine with Edge with Adguard extension.

FEEDBACK

You can at least try it out for 160 days with the key Watchdog supplied.

FEEDBACK

I was wondering why you never had a beta program for this program?
Are you using your own AV for one of the av's you uses to check a file or do you also use Virus Total?
Does your program only check files or does it check websites too?

Thanks

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_147 Oct. 11 08.34.jpg
    ScreenHunter_147 Oct. 11 08.34.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 267

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
The website is not adblocker friendly.
If someone is using ublock for example they are unable to download any software has it breaks the download button.

Weird, here on Firefox and with uBlockO just works to download, download-button is visible (y) It's may related to certain custom filters of uBlockO :unsure:

Popolitus

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 7, 2014
Edge, and adguard here. Opens with no problem.

FEEDBACK

I have been using it for 3 days now, and had no problem until now. No crash no nothing...i try a 2 or 3 links with eicar, and it works just fine.

I only wish, that mb put the name of the detection on the pop u, because right now, all it says is the local and the name of the file.

Stelica

Level 2
Sep 27, 2021
FEATURE REQUEST
Hi,
1. Right click shows scan with Watchdog Anti-Malware for administrator but for standard user shows scan with AntiMalware 3.0.
2. Also I wish if is possible to have the option to start with windows for all users. It is now valid only for administrator.
3. Do you think after the license expired to offer a free version (only scanner antivirus) like Zemana?
Thank you!

Last edited:

Ashish1+1

Level 1
Verified
Nov 29, 2016
Thankyou for sharing the program.

Have installed it and scanned my system. Following is the result which WAM has advised to Delete:

MD5 :
Object : c:\users\akshada-pc\appdata\local\google\chrome\user data\default\extensions\knoccgahmcfhngbjhdbcodajdioedgdo
Publisher :
Size : 0
Detection : HijackExt:ChromePlugin/Vandal
Action : Delete

MD5 :
Object : c:\users\akshada-pc\appdata\local\google\chrome\user data\default\extensions\lckanjgmijmafbedllaakclkaicjfmnk
Publisher :
Detection : HijackExt:ChromePlugin/ClearURLs

MD5 :
Object : c:\users\akshada-pc\appdata\local\google\chrome\user data\default\extensions\njdfdhgcmkocbgbhcioffdbicglldapd
Publisher :
Detection : HijackExt:ChromePlugin/LocalCDN

MD5 :
Object : c:\users\akshada-pc\appdata\roaming\mozilla\firefox\profiles\uqo0lgv3.default-release\extensions\etag-stoppa@cm.org.xpi
Publisher :
Detection : HijackExt:FirefoxPlugin/etag-stoppa@cm.org

MD5 :
Object : c:\users\akshada-pc\appdata\roaming\mozilla\firefox\profiles\uqo0lgv3.default-release\extensions\{94866951-f60f-44f6-8d1a-6b2d8c88857b}.xpi
Publisher :
Detection : HijackExt:FirefoxPlugin/{94866951-f60f-44f6-8d1a-6b2d8c88857b}

MD5 :
Object : c:\users\akshada-pc\appdata\roaming\mozilla\firefox\profiles\uqo0lgv3.default-release\extensions\{d133e097-46d9-4ecc-9903-fa6a722a6e0e}.xpi
Publisher :
Detection : HijackExt:FirefoxPlugin/{d133e097-46d9-4ecc-9903-fa6a722a6e0e}

MD5 :
Object : c:\users\akshada-pc\appdata\roaming\microsoft\internet explorer\quick launch\cent browser.lnk
Publisher :
Detection : Hijack:Browser/Fake Chrome Shortcut

MD5 :
Object : c:\users\akshada-pc\appdata\roaming\microsoft\windows\start menu\programs\cent browser.lnk
Publisher :
Detection : Hijack:Browser/Fake Chrome Shortcut

MD5 :
Object : tos;dr search - ToS;DR Search
Publisher :
Detection : Hijack:Browser/FirefoxSearch

I have MBAM (trial) and SAS(trial) already installed alongwith Crystal Security, Mcafee personal security. Presently I have not taken any action...

Last edited:

Watchdog

From Watchdog
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Oct 7, 2021
Hello everyone.

First of all I'd like to thank you all for reaxtions and comments.

I apologize for not responding immediately, I will tend to each once I find time.

Thank you for understanding and please - don't stop!

Let's keep this topic alive and keeo comments coming!

Reactions: Stelica

JoeN

Level 6
Verified
May 10, 2011
Hello Everyone,

We've just started to be active on this forum and we would like to take this opportunity to invite all of the members to try out our Watchdog Anti-malware and provide us with feedback and suggestions on improvements.

So let's start:

1. Download our product from our website: Anti-Malware | WATCHDOG | Advanced Cybersecurity Solutions
2. Watchdog Anti-Malware downloaded and once installed 15-days fully functional free trial starts
3. Feel free to use this key to activate the premium version if you want to: MTIPS-TFSR-3880-8840

When commenting on this topic please start with SUGGESTION or FEEDBACK or FEATURE REQUEST at the beginning of your post, depending on what your post is about.
This is very important for us since it will help us to treat correctly the information properly when we collect it.

Your opinion matters so help us to make great anti-malware software!
Thank you in advance!
The best way to start is to use an external antivirus engine from a known vendor and working on your own first as an assisting compoments. No need to invent another wheel on beginning. A big advantage for many users in the past was OPSWAT MetaDefender API and access to multiple recognizable av vendors simultaneously. I hope that the upcoming app will be effective.

Reactions: Watchdog and plat

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
FEEDBACK

If one has Core Isolation/Memory Integrity enabled in Defender, will your SDK fail to install? This actually happened and I want to bring this to your attention before I toggle that setting OFF, restart, and re-attempt the installation.

This happened also with Zemana which is why I suspect the same issue here. Thanks for considering.

a driver cannot load.png

wam install failed.png

Once I've messed around with this further, I'll update this same post. I'm almost positve it's the Memory Integrity setting but let's see.

Edit: yes, disabling MI in Defender enabled the installation to begin.

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
FEEDBACK

Something one as a 3:rd parti protection maker can take advantage of is the fact that Windows still has a lot more protection then M.Defender to offer. So for users who choose to replace M.D with another Av one could have clickable links within the program to those settings within the gui for easy handling. Then one does not have to use 2 gui to handle it all. Even better would be direct handling from within the gui.

For some reason almost none of them think of that.

Reactions: Watchdog and plat

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Actually, pxxb1, that looks like a FEATURE REQUEST. :) And one I would like to see also.

FEEDBACK

Going back a step, could the developer please explain this info I've encircled in orange inside the spoiler--specifically to expand a little more on the "Company" and" 2018" parts. This component is from 2018?

amsdk driver.png

This is in the System32 folder/drivers.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.