Advice Request Watchdog Antimalware 4.0 - Feedback / Suggestions / Feature requests

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Stelica

Level 2
Sep 27, 2021
FEEDBACK

Something one as a 3:rd parti protection maker can take advantage of is the fact that Windows still has a lot more protection then M.Defender to offer. So for users who choose to replace M.D with another Av one could have clickable links within the program to those settings within the gui for easy handling. Then one does not have to use 2 gui to handle it all. Even better would be direct handling from within the gui.

For some reason almost none of them think of that.
I apologize, I wrote before that in my opinion is a companion antivirus!
It does not have to replace Microsoft Defender it works with Microsoft Defender.

Reactions: Watchdog

Watchdog

From Watchdog
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Oct 7, 2021
The website is not adblocker friendly.
If someone is using ublock for example they are unable to download any software has it breaks the download button.
This issue is most likely on your side? However, cloudflare tends to make sometimes unnecessary issues, so if that repeats we will tend to it.

Reactions: Nevi and The_King

Watchdog

From Watchdog
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Oct 7, 2021
Works fine with Edge with Adguard extension.

You can at least try it out for 160 days with the key Watchdog supplied.

FEEDBACK

I was wondering why you never had a beta program for this program?
Are you using your own AV for one of the av's you uses to check a file or do you also use Virus Total?
Does your program only check files or does it check websites too?

Thanks
We didn't have a beta program for WAM. However, we plan on having a BETA program for WAV.
Currently or AV is not using VT APi but we plan on implementing it in the near future
Currently WAM only files, we didn't develop yet URL scan.

Thank you for the feedback, there certainly seems to be a demand for mentioned points.

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

We didn't have a beta program for WAM. However, we plan on having a BETA program for WAV.
Currently or AV is not using VT APi but we plan on implementing it in the near future

Thank you for the feedback, there certainly seems to be a demand for mentioned points.
Some developers seem to think setting their product to only show an infection alert if more then 10 av's on VT detect the file. I am guessing it is so they do not have as many false positives. I however do not think that is the right way to go. At least show a warning of some kind even if only say two detect a file as bad. If you don't and the file really is bad, game over . Just my thoughts.

tipo

Level 8
Well-known
Jul 26, 2012
Suggestion
I just looked arround on your website and saw the price of your software. 46€?? I find it very expensive, i really do. Tell me/us how is your software compared to kaspersky, Norton, Bitdefender etc? Is it better? Has more shields?
So my SUGGESTION is to lower the price if you want more users of your software.
Screenshot_20211012-080309_Chrome.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018

What, have i missed something?
Are your plans to rename it to Watchdog antivirus instead of Watchdog antimalware?

Watchdog

From Watchdog
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Oct 7, 2021
What, have i missed something?
Are your plans to rename it to Watchdog antivirus instead of Watchdog antimalware?
No, no we plan on releasing an AV solution. Not renaming the AM

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Related to post #20, why does the amsdk.sys driver load when the popup says the installation/sdk failed?

Again, this was the case with Zemana. Is Watchdog going to handle this specific issue? If the installation was aborted for some reason, no component of that software should be on the system, right?--esp. a driver.

Reactions: Nevi and Watchdog

Watchdog

From Watchdog
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Oct 7, 2021
Related to post #20, why does the amsdk.sys driver load when the popup says the installation/sdk failed?

Again, this was the case with Zemana. Is Watchdog going to handle this specific issue? If the installation was aborted for some reason, no component of that software should be on the system, right?--esp. a driver.
You're right on this one and we're aware that our driver has certain flaws when it comes to installation on a system with specific security measures enabled (such as Core Isolation/Memory Integrity or secure boot feature on win11). ATM we're developing WAV and hopefully, the driver fixes will come as a priority. Thanks for bringing this one up.

Reactions: Gandalf_The_Grey

Watchdog

From Watchdog
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Oct 7, 2021
Also or within Wam?
As a separate product we will have Watchdog Anti-Virus solution. Within the WAV we plan the integration of scan-cloud functionalities as well as other features. We don't want to make false promises but once we're ready you will be definitively informed about it.

Ashish1+1

Level 1
Verified
Nov 29, 2016
Thankyou for sharing the program.

Have installed it and scanned my system. Following is the result which WAM has advised to Delete:

MD5 :
Object : c:\users\akshada-pc\appdata\local\google\chrome\user data\default\extensions\knoccgahmcfhngbjhdbcodajdioedgdo
Publisher :
Size : 0
Detection : HijackExt:ChromePlugin/Vandal
Action : Delete

MD5 :
Object : c:\users\akshada-pc\appdata\local\google\chrome\user data\default\extensions\lckanjgmijmafbedllaakclkaicjfmnk
Publisher :
Detection : HijackExt:ChromePlugin/ClearURLs

MD5 :
Object : c:\users\akshada-pc\appdata\local\google\chrome\user data\default\extensions\njdfdhgcmkocbgbhcioffdbicglldapd
Publisher :
Detection : HijackExt:ChromePlugin/LocalCDN

MD5 :
Object : c:\users\akshada-pc\appdata\roaming\mozilla\firefox\profiles\uqo0lgv3.default-release\extensions\etag-stoppa@cm.org.xpi
Publisher :
Detection : HijackExt:FirefoxPlugin/etag-stoppa@cm.org

MD5 :
Object : c:\users\akshada-pc\appdata\roaming\mozilla\firefox\profiles\uqo0lgv3.default-release\extensions\{94866951-f60f-44f6-8d1a-6b2d8c88857b}.xpi
Publisher :
Detection : HijackExt:FirefoxPlugin/{94866951-f60f-44f6-8d1a-6b2d8c88857b}

MD5 :
Object : c:\users\akshada-pc\appdata\roaming\mozilla\firefox\profiles\uqo0lgv3.default-release\extensions\{d133e097-46d9-4ecc-9903-fa6a722a6e0e}.xpi
Publisher :
Detection : HijackExt:FirefoxPlugin/{d133e097-46d9-4ecc-9903-fa6a722a6e0e}

MD5 :
Object : c:\users\akshada-pc\appdata\roaming\microsoft\internet explorer\quick launch\cent browser.lnk
Publisher :
Detection : Hijack:Browser/Fake Chrome Shortcut

MD5 :
Object : c:\users\akshada-pc\appdata\roaming\microsoft\windows\start menu\programs\cent browser.lnk
Publisher :
Detection : Hijack:Browser/Fake Chrome Shortcut

MD5 :
Object : tos;dr search - ToS;DR Search
Publisher :
Detection : Hijack:Browser/FirefoxSearch

I have MBAM (trial) and SAS(trial) already installed alongwith Crystal Security, Mcafee personal security. Presently I have not taken any action...
Forgot to mention my browser- Centbrowser got quarantined

Detection- Riskware/Win32:HighScore.AI!3!91

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
MD5 :
Object : c:\users\akshada-pc\appdata\local\google\chrome\user data\default\extensions\lckanjgmijmafbedllaakclkaicjfmnk
Publisher :
Detection : HijackExt:ChromePlugin/ClearURLs

MD5 :
Object : c:\users\akshada-pc\appdata\local\google\chrome\user data\default\extensions\njdfdhgcmkocbgbhcioffdbicglldapd
Publisher :
Detection : HijackExt:ChromePlugin/LocalCDN

I have MBAM (trial) and SAS(trial) already installed alongwith Crystal Security, Mcafee personal security. Presently I have not taken any action...
I find it slightly amusing that LocalCDN was detect has malware and also caused the issue on the WAM website.

Maybe LocalCDN is aware that your software classifies it has malware and breaks your website so no one can download WAM. :ROFLMAO: j/k

I would not classify LocalCDN or ClearURLs to be malware. These extensions are usually manually installed by users for privacy reasons.

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I find it slightly amusing that LocalCDN was detect has malware and also caused the issue on the WAM website.

Maybe LocalCDN is aware that your software classifies it has malware and breaks your website so no one can download WAM. :ROFLMAO: j/k

I would not classify LocalCDN or ClearURLs to be malware. These extensions are usually manually installed by users for privacy reasons.
Zemana was also notorious for detecting chrome extensions as malware.

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Did a very small test with malware. Main scan and contecxt menu scan of the exes does not flag the files but on execution, the files ARE flagged.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_147 Oct. 12 12.55.jpg
    ScreenHunter_147 Oct. 12 12.55.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 155
Reactions: Nevi and Watchdog

TheErzengel

Level 2
Verified
Dec 21, 2012
Enter the page and literally close it in 10 seconds. I can't believe the price for a product that is neither polished nor tested. I can buy Malwarebytes (for putting out similar software) for less than half that price directly from the official website.

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi @Watchdog

I have one more question for you

1. How can I submitFiles or Samples to you that are detected by your software

@ticklemefeet oh sorry I did not use Dr Web Curet​

With best Regards
Mops21

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.