Advice Request Watchdog Antimalware 4.0 - Feedback / Suggestions / Feature requests

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi @Watchdog

I have more questions for you

1. Any infos about a new Update available that all suggestions in it that are posted here

2. Can you tell us more infos about Watchdog Antivirus or post Screenshots

3. When a File is in Quarantäne will it restore to the original Filepath

With best Regards
Mops21

Watchdog

From Watchdog
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Oct 7, 2021
Hi @Watchdog

I have more questions for you

1. Any infos about a new Update available that all suggestions in it that are posted here

2. Can you tell us more infos about Watchdog Antivirus or post Screenshots

3. When a File is in Quarantäne will it restore to the original Filepath

With best Regards
Mops21

Hi @Mops21

Thanks for the feedback, comments, and questions. Following are the answers to your q's:

1. We will release a new WAM version probably by the end of this month. It will have translations to Polish done by @Noctis The Hedgehog and revised translations to Portuguese done by @marciocruz. Apart from that updated DCS certificate, dark-mode, certain bug fixes, and improvements. As for the features and major changes suggested, I cannot promise they will be done anytime soon as we're on the timeline with the WAV beta release. Once the new version is available I'll post here about it.

2. It's a rudimentary AV solution, with standard scan functionalities and a couple of features developed for initial MVP. Here are some ss-leaks exclusively for MT users:
1635109733539.png
1635109769134.png

3. Yes, when a quarantined file is restored it's sent back to the original location where it was found in the first place.

Cheers

Shadowra

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Hi @Mops21

Thanks for the feedback, comments, and questions. Following are the answers to your q's:

1. We will release a new WAM version probably by the end of this month. It will have translations to Polish done by @Noctis The Hedgehog and revised translations to Portuguese done by @marciocruz. Apart from that updated DCS certificate, dark-mode, certain bug fixes, and improvements. As for the features and major changes suggested, I cannot promise they will be done anytime soon as we're on the timeline with the WAV beta release. Once the new version is available I'll post here about it.

2. It's a rudimentary AV solution, with standard scan functionalities and a couple of features developed for initial MVP. Here are some ss-leaks exclusively for MT users:
View attachment 261482 View attachment 261483

3. Yes, when a quarantined file is restored it's sent back to the original location where it was found in the first place.

Cheers

When is it available?
So I can test it direct l'y 😉

DeanoGeek

Oct 25, 2021
FEEDBACK

If one has Core Isolation/Memory Integrity enabled in Defender, will your SDK fail to install? This actually happened and I want to bring this to your attention before I toggle that setting OFF, restart, and re-attempt the installation.

This happened also with Zemana which is why I suspect the same issue here. Thanks for considering.

Once I've messed around with this further, I'll update this same post. I'm almost positve it's the Memory Integrity setting but let's see.

Edit: yes, disabling MI in Defender enabled the installation to begin.
I'm also having this identical installation problem with the Watchdog "WAM" setup as I've also been having with its Zemana equivalent recently (which has always worked for me before!). Is this the solution I've been frantically looking for?

• Wow
Reactions: Behold Eck and plat

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi @Mops21

View attachment 261482 View attachment 261483

Cheers

Hi @Watchdog

Thank you very much for your infos

I hope that WAV and WAM are compatible with Windows 8.1

Will you add Full Scan, Quick Scan, Custom Scan Features and Options to the boths programs

With best Regards
Mops21

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
I'm also having this identical installation problem with the Watchdog "WAM" setup as I've also been having with its Zemana equivalent recently (which has always worked for me before!). Is this the solution I've been frantically looking for?

Hi, only way to know for sure is to try it. If you have MS Defender as your primary antivirus, the Setting is in the Defender UI/Device Security section. Toggle Memory Integrity to OFF, restart machine and try to install.

Watchdog

From Watchdog
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Oct 7, 2021
Hi @Watchdog

I hope that WAV and WAM are compatible with Windows 8.1

Will you add Full Scan, Quick Scan, Custom Scan Features and Options to the boths programs

With best Regards
Mops21
Hi @Mops21

You're most welcome. These will be included in new WAM update - confirmed list:
- AMSDK v4.2.0 - bug fixes and improvements
- Driver signature update and improvements
- Application signature update
- Application UI Dark mode support
- Portuguese language improvements
- Polish language support

Our current focus is to release a rudimentary AV but along the road we plan on adding different scan options to both of the products, yes.

DeanoGeek

Oct 25, 2021
Hi, only way to know for sure is to try it. If you have MS Defender as your primary antivirus, the Setting is in the Defender UI/Device Security section. Toggle Memory Integrity to OFF, restart machine and try to install.

I'll be damned if that didn't do the trick! I've successfully installed the WAM trial subscription--without any hitches--and run my first scan (which already caught and removed a DNS hijack attempt).

I sent an email about this installation snag to Zemana's tech support over 23 days ago, but only received a reply stating (in part) that "We have forwarded this issue to our developers for their review. As soon as we have received their response, we will contact you to pass on the relevant information." I'm still waiting for that "relevant information" from them.

As a side note, you should all be made aware of a separate thread in this or another forum (which unfortunately I can't find now) that deals with this issue as some kind of nefarious external threat, instead of a simple PC security setting. I tried all of those steps mentioned there and installed all of the superfluous software recommended to deal with it, only to end up completely frustrated with the lack of any resolution (as was the original poster). The thread or forum moderator finally gave up with offering any fixes, instead recommending that the person just rely upon using Windows Defender as his sole security provider. What a crock!

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi @Mops21

You're most welcome. These will be included in new WAM update - confirmed list:
- AMSDK v4.2.0 - bug fixes and improvements
- Driver signature update and improvements
- Application signature update
- Application UI Dark mode support
- Portuguese language improvements
- Polish language support

Our current focus is to release a rudimentary AV but along the road we plan on adding different scan options to both of the products, yes.

Hi @Watchdog

1. I hope that WAV and WAM are compatible with Windows 8.1

With best Regards
Mops21

Reactions: Behold Eck

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi @Mops21

Yes, both of our products are compatible with Win 8.1 and newer versions as well.

Feel free to test it out.

Cheers

Hi @Watchdog

1. Zemana installs an AMSDK Folder ay<nd your software installs it too will it overwrite the Zemana ones or what any infos

2. Your download site of WAM is not online or down

With best Regards
Mops21

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Watchdog

DeanoGeek

Oct 25, 2021
Hi @Watchdog

1. Zemana installs an AMSDK Folder ay<nd your software installs it too will it overwrite the Zemana ones or what any infos

2. Your download site of WAM is not online or down

With best Regards
Mops21

I don't know about Watchdog's version doing that, but I found that the one in iolo's System Mechanic "Ultimate Defense" did it all the time, when I had both it and Zemana installed together. Very annoying!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.