Waves97 Config

Malware Maniac

Level 1
May 14, 2012
McLovin will ask this question: Any backup solutions?

Do have a registry and temporary Internet file cleaner?
Why is your security risk high? (is it because you download the malware packs at safe group?)

Waves97

Thread author
Jan 3, 2012
I use Macrium Reflect Free to backup :)
I make a package for safegroup - I'm malware hunter here :) I think that's why the level of risk is high.
Do have a registry and temporary Internet file cleaners?

I use CClealner :]

P

Plexx

Nothing less to expect from a malware hunter from safegroup.

Config looks solid.

Have you considered perhaps CIS with EAM instead of EAM and Outpost?

Waves97

Thread author
Jan 3, 2012
@Biozfear
I'm waiting for a new version of CIS. Then I see. Maybe ;)

Current config I recommend anyone who is looking for high level of security.

P

Plexx

I would run EAM alone if the following would be:

No memory spikes during updates and scan.

I am still considering EAM but ESET still has less memory usage overall.

What do you think?

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
Biozfear said:

What do you think?

Are you serious? ESET eats about 60 MB of RAM while EAM ten times less while idle.

Waves97

Thread author
Jan 3, 2012
I don't sense memory spikes very much.
The effectiveness of EAM can not be compared with effectiveness of Eset.
I would choose EAM

P

Plexx

pablozi said:
Biozfear said:

What do you think?

Are you serious? ESET eats about 60 MB of RAM while EAM ten times less while idle.

Idle or in usage it always uses the same RAM but it is still one of the lightest solution. Just ask other ESET users. Of the top of my head lovelyboy_lion and perhaps iPanik.

Waves97 said:
I don't sense memory spikes very much.
The effectiveness of EAM can not be compared with effectiveness of Eset.
I would choose EAM

I am a pc gamer, so my risk of infection is low, along with the fact I know what I am doing. Nevertheless, I will give EAM a try on my host on it's own.

EDIT: Waves, could you post a screenshot of your task manager showing EAM services on Idle? Thank you very much!

Waves97

Thread author
Jan 3, 2012
Yes.
Z2ZrG.jpg

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Malware Maniac said:
McLovin will ask this question: Any backup solutions?

Not this time he has put down
Backup: Macrium Reflect Free

I have a suggestion though, you can add Ghostery, Adblock Plus and WOT to Firefox.

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
pablozi said:
Biozfear said:

What do you think?

ESET is not heavy as all think it uses 60-80mb of RAM only because it loads all its signatures in the RAM for quick detection and scanning this also reduces the read and write of hard disk compared to others If you can point out one thing in ESET than that would be its Hips which under default settings is useless (i recommend learning mode for 10-20days) and since i game a lot i have tested each and every security suite for my needs and found that ESET is the only suite that gives me the highest frame rate in games without lags its almost like being without antivirus
I know EAM uses 5-10mbs of ram when idle bt then again u cannot compare EAM with ESET lightness only on the Basis on Ram usage
If anyone can do a performance test for both with default settings or highest possible settings or can link to the results of performance test on other website than it would be helpful
Thanks

Edit found a link to performance test of ESET with other av and but EAM is not included can anyone post EAM results or comparison
Link 1 http://www.av-comparatives.org/comparativesreviews/performance-tests
link 2 http://www.antivirusware.com/testing/performance/
not latest but EAM an ESET included
http://www.raymond.cc/antivirus/
Thanks

D

Deleted member 178

When i played on WOW before , i disabled my AVs and just rely on my router (since i needed max FPS for High Epic instances like Molten Core and Black Wing Lair, with 40 guildmates,at that time WOW used a lot of resources)

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
yeah i too used to disabled everything while playing at first but when i tried ESET after CIS hardly months ago i never had to disable my Av since there were no lags and ESET was configured for highest settings available Its not that CIS and EAM are not good but ESET gave overall good results in what i needed
Will test EAM standalone on my laptop once my internet connection resumes back to normal till then Umbra you could share your results with EAM with gaming and stuff apart from security point since you have used EAM for a long time
Thanks

D

Deleted member 178

I don't play anymore, too time-consuming, no real-life and i have a Girlfriend to take care of...not compatible with Hardcore Gaming :p

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
I too have a wife and child but i only play when i am frustrated from work and want to divert my mind and when there is nothing else to do
And since i Work on ship most of the time when i am away from my family there is nothing to do except gaming
since the internet is not stable at sea so some times weeks i cant do anything except playing games so whenever i get time and a good internet i download as much games as i find since its the only thing that keeps me amused on ship
Thanks

D

Deleted member 178

ok i see ^^

When i played at WOW i spent all my free times on it, having 150+ guildmates to manage kept me more time than gaming ^^ not saying that we were the 3rd highest guild on our server...need to maintain our reputation... :D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.