WAZIX Config

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Do you test malware? A new member cannot participate in the malware hub here.
You should NEVER test malware on your host OS.If you do then you should not be testing malware.
If you selected that by accident please update your config to No for participating in the malware hub.
Consider removing iola system mechanic.CCleaner is more than enough.
You should enable Smartscreen system wide.
Consider some type of system back up solution.
Other than the malware testing issue & Smartscreen your config is good.
Thanks for sharing it with us:)

WAZIX

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 7, 2016
Do you test malware? A new member cannot participate in the malware hub here.
You should NEVER test malware on your host OS.If you do then you should not be testing malware.
If you selected that by accident please update your config to No for participating in the malware hub.
Consider removing iola system mechanic.CCleaner is more than enough.
You should enable Smartscreen system wide.
Consider some type of system back up solution.
Other than the malware testing issue & Smartscreen your config is good.
Thanks for sharing it with us:)
Ok sorry ;)

Thanks for sharing your config! :)

Got nothing to add but dont test malware on your host PC ;)
Np , yep i know ^^

Last edited by a moderator:

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
I don't have a VM :/
An alternative would be ShadowDefender, super easy to use, working really well, but unlike a VM, this one will use your host system. Means everything you do after entering the Shadow Mode will be reverted on restart (including Windows Updates), but with many malware being able to steal data and upload them to dark places, you should only think about using ShadowDefender if you have none (!) personal data on the host machine.

http://www.shadowdefender.com/
30 days trial (all functions) available, 35$ lifetime (one-time-fee, upgrades included), VAT might be on top in certain countries like as Germany.

I might also suggest using a Virtual Private Network, hiding your IP. CyberGhost VPN (Free version) is a good option IMO.

WAZIX

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 7, 2016
An alternative would be ShadowDefender, super easy to use, working really well, but unlike a VM, this one will use your host system. Means everything you do after entering the Shadow Mode will be reverted on restart (including Windows Updates), but with many malware being able to steal data and upload them to dark places, you should only think about using ShadowDefender if you have none (!) personal data on the host machine.

http://www.shadowdefender.com/
30 days trial (all functions) available, 35$ lifetime (one-time-fee, upgrades included), VAT might be on top in certain countries like as Germany.

I might also suggest using a Virtual Private Network, hiding your IP. CyberGhost VPN (Free version) is a good option IMO.
Thanks but someone can steal my pass and other think ^^

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.