Battle Webroot or Immunet + Voodooshield ?

Compare list
Webroot AV
Panda IS
Immunet

amico81

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
Hello Community.

I'm using this combo: Voodooshield free + Webroot AV + NVT Syshardener.
My priority is absolute lightness...but I'm not sure if Webroot is the best wingman for voodooshield.
So, i would change webroot for:

Panda or Immunet.

What do you think is the better complement for my combo with voodooshield? Or should i stay with webroot?
Pls just help me with your experience with panda or immunet...pls do not recommend anything else !!
I dont wanna use bitdefender,kaspersky and all the other av's for my combo ;)

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
Webroot is a great partner to Voodooshield. I have used it for awhile, and I think it's strong. Mostly because of Voodooshield. Webroot has a very good web shield, so I think it's a great combination. If you are one of the few where Webroot start writing alot of data, try Panda.

amico81

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
thx for all comments and advices (y) i have installed the new version 6.3 of Immunet and looks much better now.
better integration in windows security center and more.

but I'm confused about a message on the left corner: installed av product : avira antivir guard... WTF ?!
my system never touched AVIRA :emoji_fearful:

Threadripper

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2019
Don't use Webroot:
Files Webroot is unsure of, Webroot logs what they do, what they modify and tons of other stuff. This means it can "roll back" damage, and if you were infected, this would be your only hope with Webroot lol. Back on the topic, all of this junk is written to ProgramData/WRData and it can be anywhere from 50MB to 50GB - really. Constant reading and writing to that folder, no wonder things slow down.

Webroot love to advertise their 5MB app and cloud signatures, that's great, but filling people's main drive (because you can't change where this folder is) which could be a small SSD with potentially more than 50GB of junk... Lunacy.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
thx for all comments and advices (y) i have installed the new version 6.3 of Immunet and looks much better now.
better integration in windows security center and more.

but I'm confused about a message on the left corner: installed av product : avira antivir guard... WTF ?!
my system never touched AVIRA :emoji_fearful:

View attachment 213957
it's a bug maybe
or something created avira registry key or folder into your PC
wise antimalware, for example
I'm not sure, but this should not affect your usage

Threadripper

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2019
The highest amount of data ever wrote to my SSD have never exceeded 10 mb.data So your generalisation doesn't hold water. ;)

As a partner to Voodooshield Webroot is great. And it's webshield is second to none.
Seems like your system is very static or you're lucky, unlike the hundreds of people on the Webroot forum posting about it since 2011 - even business users.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.