Webroot Protections as Explained by Webroot Employee

Discussion in 'Webroot' started by hjlbx, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Lord Ami

Lord Ami Level 15
    Trusted AV Tester

Sep 14, 2014
    I'm back to Webroot on my main PC (laptop still runs F-Secure).
    One way to strengthen protection is to tune heuristics to absolute max, as seen in picture.
  2. DJ Panda

DJ Panda Level 29

Aug 30, 2015
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Windows 10
    #22 DJ Panda, May 10, 2016
    Last edited: May 10, 2016
    I have tried cleaning my friend's computer many times doesn't believe in viruses and webroot doesn't seem to protect him or find any of the malicous files Zemana and Malwarebytes catches. Avast isn't that good but it has worked well enough for me. With a balanced config like mine you should be fine. :)
  3. hjlbx

hjlbx Guest

One of the main weaknesses of WSA is that it does poorly against malicious scripts plus all vulnerable processes shipped with Windows are whitelisted.
Similar Threads Forum Date
Webroot SecureAnywhere Webroot Jan 10, 2018
Webroot, the only small AV left. Webroot Nov 30, 2017
VIPRE Outperforms Webroot in Head-To-Head Comparison Vipre (ThreatTrack) Nov 8, 2017
  • About Us

Our community has been around since 2010, and we pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds about security and technology . We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.
  • Need Malware Removal Help?

If you're being redirected from a site you’re trying to visit, seeing constant pop-up ads, unwanted toolbars or strange search results, your computer may be infected with malware. We offer free malware removal assistance to our members in the Malware Removal Assistance forum.
  • Quick Tip

Without meaning to, you may click a link that installs malware on your computer. To keep your computer safe, only click links and downloads from sites that you trust. Don’t open any unknown file types, or download programs from pop-ups that appear in your browser.