New Update Webroot Releases New Product With a New UI

Other security for Android & iOS
52 Replies 8,412 Views
Are you still enjoying Webroot so far? I am running it for 2 Weeks now and my system is as smooth as ever.
Yes. No issues so far. But keep your eyes on the monitored processes. I found out that Webroot has been monitoring Enpass Desktop. If you leave many processes set to "monitor" The WRData folder will grow in size.
Other than this everything is perfect especially the web extension which is very very responsive.
 
It's a dead 🐟 they took a great program like PrevX and killed it. Sad but it's not coming back ever! Many companies buy out others and ruin/kill it to me it's grand stupidity.
OR it's on purpose, like the rumor you hear of an engineer designing a carburetor that gets 100 miles per gallon, Ford buys it for 20 million from the guy, and they shelf it or destroy it. Some huge company like Gen Dig, could create a shell company just for that purpose, then buy up companies like Prevx and downgrade it, this way it looks like incompetence, ruins it in 1 year, and everyone walks away, no one buys it ever again.... I would say this is a very possible, and probably common scenario. Why this way? Probably to avoid some kind of legal dispute, "We didn't ruin them, we saw a product we wanted to buy and tried to improve it, but we just couldn't seem to make it workout"
 
Last edited:
Yes. No issues so far. But keep your eyes on the monitored processes. I found out that Webroot has been monitoring Enpass Desktop. If you leave many processes set to "monitor" The WRData folder will grow in size.
Other than this everything is perfect especially the web extension which is very very responsive.
Seems like a lot of unneeded work, why should an ordinary user have to keep an eye on a folder most users don't even know exists, most AV's just get on with the job & that's it, for me K or McAfee are trouble free light & I don't have to check things are OK each day & they don't have pericombobulations when I install new/beta/unusual software which do upset Webroot.
 
Last edited:
aadmit you
Seems like a lot of unneeded work, why should an ordinary user have to keep an eye on a folder most users don't even know exists, most AV's just get on with the job & that's it, for me K or McAfee are trouble free light & I don't have to check things are OK each day & they don't have pericombobulations when I install new/beta/unusual software which do upset Webroot.
I admit. You have a point here. The main reason I decided to use Webroot is the fact it does not do https scanning and it is cheap and light on system resources.

Though MD is great, I never liked it, so I resorted to WR and paired it with OSA.
 
Just in case ppl do not know, you can use WSA code in either personal or business version (aka OpenText Endpoint Protection Core, almost the same, only a few differences in settings)
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top